Why become a member? ×

Hello

surfinbernard

Hello, I'm new! I've been a musician my whole life and playing bass for maybe 10 years, with some gaps, pregnancy and kids will do that! I only have one bass, a USA Fender jazz which I really love, just swapped the pickups for Lindy Fralins. I'm now getting back into it after a long gap after I became pregnant with my youngest son who is now two and had to pack in the band I was playing in (just a local covers band). So! I've bought a new bass rig, a EBS Reidmar and a Gallien Krueger 115RBH, and I am starting a new band, soul, R&B and garage from the 60s :)

So thanks for having me and looking forward to some bass chat... however, I admit I am much more interested in music than gear, but gear is nice isn't it?

Welcome to Basschat! Not sure how to call you - if you're female it's a bit strange to call you Bernard :)
I think that gear helps your appreciation and performance of music, rather than being an end to itself, but nice equipment is admittedly very sexy!

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1340298591' post='1702554']
Welcome to Basschat! Not sure how to call you - if you're female it's a bit strange to call you Bernard :)
[/quote]

Welcome!

Melchett: It appears he wishes to marry a girl called Bob.
Queenie: It is a very odd name for a girl, isn't it? Girls are normally called Elizabeth or Mary.
Nursie: And Donald...
Queenie: Mouth is open Nursie, should be shut.
Nursie: Thing is true, sweet one. I had three sisters and they were called Donald, Eric and Basil.
Queenie: Then why is your name Nursie?
Nursie: That ain't my real name.
Queenie: Isn't it?
Nursie: No.
Queenie: No, what is your real name then?
Nursie: Bernard.
Queenie: Suits you, actually.

Thanks for the welcome! I never meant to imply anyone here is preoccupied with gear ;) I only meant that perhaps I don't have as much technical knowledge a some on here from what I've been reading. My almost nerdy obsession with music only very slightly spills over into technology although I often wish I was a bit more interested, perhaps enough to build a valve amp say.

Hi, I'm also new, and I'm also getting back into music after having a gap due to raising littluns' (my youngest has just started school so I now have a bit of time to myself to practise!). You'll soon get back into the swing of things. Enjoy your new band :)