Why become a member? ×

FS Short Scale Fretless Prosebass Single Cut

Sambrook

Another reluctant sale.
I absolutely love Paul Rose's work, I've had five of his basses, including this one. Here are the specs:
30" scale
Single cut
40mm nut
Passive, VVT
2 Artec single coil pickups
Individual monorail bridges
Marvel straplocks
The neck is black walnut
The back is slightly spalted swamp ash
The top is bubinga, maple, and black walnut

It plays beautifully, and I really love it (the bubinga and maple are offcuts from my custom made Prosebass, so I have an odd attachment to it) but the neck is just too slim for my hand (RSI). That, plus I've ordered a fretless Prosebass from Paul!

The bass cost me £210 delivered, and I would like that for it (It's had new strings since then). I could ask for more, then be bargained down, but this just cuts to the chase. Details of the build are available on Paul's Funnbass site. Anything I've missed, let me know. Cheers.[attachment=110994:DSCF1151.JPG][attachment=110995:DSCF1152.JPG][attachment=110996:DSCF1153.JPG][attachment=110998:DSCF1154.JPG][attachment=110999:DSCF1155.JPG][attachment=111000:DSCF1156.JPG]

Edited by Sambrook

I've finally managed to obtain the Paul Rose Headless I've been chasing for months & have to say that it is a revelation!! - Light, fantastic build quality & sounds wonderful - type bump!! Can't see anyone being disappointed if they buy this beauty - if only I wasn't skint & needed lines to 'almost' stay in tune on a fretless - umph!! Good luck with the sale - but I don't think you'll need it at that price!! - Custom build quality & components at a bargain basement price - dip yer bread Guys it's a 'no brainer'!!

Edited by dodgnofski

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1340291217' post='1702397']
I've finally managed to obtain the Paul Rose Headless I've been chasing for months & have to say that it is a revelation!! - Light, fantastic build quality & sounds wonderful - type bump!! Can't see anyone being disappointed if they buy this beauty - if only I wasn't skint & needed lines to 'almost' stay in tune on a fretless - umph!! Good luck with the sale - but I don't think you'll need it at that price!! - Custom build quality & components at a bargain basement price - dip yer bread Guys it's a 'no brainer'!!
[/quote]

Was that the one Paul made for me?

Paul's basses are thoughtfully designed, well made, and stupidly good value.
£210, to your door, seems a bargain to me.

Yes, the very one I think? - Prose Karuna, Headless & single Cut - (which I struggle with a bit to be honest, having never played one before)! - but the monsterous sound + the lack of weight is to die for!! - can you remember if the 'just a nut' was adjustable on this, as I've not had time to set it up to my liking yet - 'cause I can't stop playing the ruddy thing :D!!

• 3 weeks later...

It does have dot markers in the following positions- 3,5,7,9,12 etc. I live in Dalton, near Barrow-in-Furness. The bass is definitely worth more than I'm asking. In fact, after I posted, I wondered if I might be upsetting Paul. He did give me a good discount, and maybe I shouldn't have revealed that in the asking price!

It's a lovely thing indeed and ridiculously bargainous! I'm smarting after recently selling my Stingray fretless 5, to pay off a debt, so this is calling out to me :) Loved reading the build diary on Paul's website.

I wonder how my long digits would cope with the short scale though and I am wondering, more to the point, where on Earth I'd get the cash from!

I need somebody to come along and buy this and put me out of my misery lol

• 4 weeks later...