Why become a member? ×

Wal MK 2 Custom 4 string for sale.

flippyfloop

This is my Wal Mk 2 custom fretted. Built 1996. I bought her in 1998. Mahogany body, padauk facing, rosewood fingerboard. She has been well looked after over the years but has sustained a few minor knocks to the body as you can see in the pictures. I'm sure I don't need to explain to you fellow bass players that this is a fantastic bass. Solid, reliable with a huge organic sound. I also have a moulded light weight Wal hardcase.

£2,700

No Trades. Cheers

Edited by flippyfloop

I'm sat here thinking;

"I WANT IT !!" :)

Little voice on left shoulder saying...

"BUT YOU DON'T NEED IT !!" :huh:

I reply

"WHAT THE **** THAT GOT TO DO WITH IT !!"...............

Sheeesh !, that's one purdy looking bass flippyfloop, I have funds for this and would be mighty interested, just need to work out a plan to smuggle it in the house and disguise it as furniture until she no longer suspects I'm fuelling my GAS problem again....
(I am the man in this house.... honestly ;) )

Would you drop me a line when you post this for Sale, if of course you decide to do so.

• 2 months later...

P'raps I should have had that Pro2/Custom at the w/e after all :) I'll console myself with the moral high ground of having passed on the joy to a fellow BC'er without taking a cut.

Nice bass BTW, but it's still a 5 I want really

[quote name='mgauction' post='185426' date='Apr 25 2008, 04:53 PM']Not a Mach 1-3. I'll let go of some of the Pro basses to get one of these :)[/quote]

Hey, if you let any Pro's go let me know (still trying to fulfill my Leigh Gorman GAS 20 years on)!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='279798' date='Sep 8 2008, 04:26 PM']Hi fellow bass peeps.
A five string Wal bass ( same age/ better condition ) just sold on eBay for £3,750.00 !
I may put my Wal on eBay very soon.
Offers ?[/quote]

Sometimes it's really hard to predict what prices are going to be...
About two years ago I was able to buy a fretless Pro Wal Bass on the German ebay for a great price (641 £).
I didn't use it a lot (I had four other Wal basses) and decided to sell it (an instrument needs to be played).
I didn't want to make a big profit out of it and put it back for sale in Holland and Belgium for 800 £... I hardly got three reactions and they all made a lower bid...
Finally I sold it to a bassplayer with a big love for Wal-basses for 700 £...
Just proof that you never know what the response is going to be...

• 4 weeks later...