Why become a member? ×

Hiscox Case Problem

alstocko

Hey guys,

I recently got a Hiscox case with the Lakland that I traded over BC, but it seems to lock itself every time I travel with it (twice :/).
This is a real inconvenience as it didn't come with a key. I have to pick the lock now so it's been moved into my spare gig bag.

As I love the bass, I want to keep it in the case, but this problem is so frustrating I'm giving up...

Any suggestions before I throw in the towel?

[quote name='alstocko' timestamp='1338940602' post='1681576']
Hey guys,

I recently got a Hiscox case with the Lakland that I traded over BC, but it seems to lock itself every time I travel with it (twice :/).
This is a real inconvenience as it didn't come with a key. I have to pick the lock now so it's been moved into my spare gig bag.

As I love the bass, I want to keep it in the case, but this problem is so frustrating I'm giving up...

Any suggestions before I throw in the towel?
[/quote]

I'd be careful if you throw in a towel because if it is a tight fit it could cause some damage....

Hiscox locks use a simple generic type key (pic of mine below). If they can't send you a replacement it shouldn't be too hard to make something that will unlock it.

[attachment=109625:P1010395.JPG]

Edited by ikay

• 1 month later...