Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**Fender 50's Re-Issue Precision Bass Sale/Trade**SOLD**

Davy

**NOW SOLD**

50's Re-Issue Precision bass in two tone sunburst.

Made in Japan, string through body bridge with chrome bridge cover(not shown in photos) and thumb rest.

Condition wise it has a few little dings here and there from regular use but nothing horrendous.

Looking for £450 including a padded gig bag or would consider trades for:

Fender Precision
Sterling by Musicman
Ray34
Musicman Sub
Ibanez ATK
Ibanez SR300, 500, 600 or 700
Yamaha RBX4-A2(|White)
Yamaha TRB4

I'm based in Whitley Bay but work in Richmond(North Yorks) Mon-Fri.

[attachment=110011:DSCF3529.JPG][attachment=110012:DSCF3532.JPG][attachment=110013:DSCF3525.JPG][attachment=110014:DSCF3530.JPG][attachment=110015:DSCF3531.JPG]

Edited by Davy

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1338758484' post='1679037']
51 Precision bass in two tone sunburst.

Made in Japan, string through body bridge with chrome bridge cover and thumb rest.

Condition wise it has a few little dings here and there from regular use but nothing horrendous.

Looking for £450 including a padded gig bag or would trade for a standard precision, an aerodyne precision or an aerodyne jazz.

I'm based in Whitley Bay but work in Richmond(North Yorks) Mon-Fri.
[/quote]

:useless:

Thanks for the info. I'm no expert so you may be correct. The serial number is V034780, does that help any further in giving it the correct re-issue year?

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1339963857' post='1696985']
That may well be correct but doesn't the slab body still make it a '51?[/quote]

It would be interesting to know the year of manufacture, but as it's not [i]actually [/i]a 51 or a 54 that's a moot point, really. Now - I'm not sure if we've hijacked Davy's FS thread, OR are giving him the oxygen of publicity. :lol:
Answers on a postcard, please. Either way, it's a nice bass. :)

Edited by discreet

Yes.... nice bass. I have the blond one. Extracting myself from any speculation as to what detail is or is not correct - I'm sure we could pick holes in it all day long - it's on catalogue as a '51 re-issue.

V 0***** [i]appears[/i] to be on the last of the original MIJ series and the first of the CIJ's - which would make this from about 1997. I have both MIJ (fretless; V 010***) and CIJ (fretted V 032***) Jazz Basses both purchased new in early 1998.

They started using MIJ again in 2007 and they'd got up to letter 'U' by 2011. I suppose 2012 could be back to V****** - but that's beyond the scope, eh?

Not to digress too far, I put odds on Davy's '51 re-ish being from 1998.

Carry on.

Edited by mckendrick