Why become a member? ×

NAD: GK MB800... Oops :)

Dood

A couple of weeks ago I reviewed the GK MB800 head for Guitar Interactive Magazine's Bass department that I write ( http://www.iGuitarMag.com ) ready for the next issue.

For smaller gigs, I need a 'gig bag' sized amp and had been using my MarkBass F1 when the full stack isn't appropriate. Well, the F1 is going up for sale as I've taken delivery of ...an MB800! it's a great little amp that will be useful for the gigs I can't take a rig with me (should i have to journey by train etc)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=374635669255236&set=a.360995963952540.102977.132783403440465&type=3

Here's a pic of the review model on iGuitar's FB page. OMG is it loud!!

Very nice! I'm surprised it doesn't have any of the extra controls the MB Fusion has, but I'm sure it's a great amp! MAybe I'm just spazzing out, but I don't see the review, I've done a search on the website and on FB it's just a picture and a couple of sentances saying you reviewed it.

Just as a note, on the iGuitarMag website, if you click reviews, it's got "Base" instead of "Bass" ;)

Ha ha, well, good news,the MB800 Fusion is being released for next year with tye valve preamplifier and features in!

The review Of the head will be in Issue 10, the next issue of iGuitar, the current one is 9.

Yup, I've flagged the issue re: Base and it should have been sorted already!! See, no one listens to the bass player!!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1338047913' post='1669016']
Loved your review Dood! Very tempted to nab one myself, and an Ibanez GVB36 haha!
[/quote]

The GVB36 is a fantastic Bass! I'm loving it! I wanted to review one in iGuitar, maybe now that they are finding their way in to the UK, we'll have a chance. Interestingly, I snapped up one of the only three in the country currently. People in the right places, ya see! ;0)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1338051341' post='1669058']
The GVB36 is a fantastic Bass! I'm loving it! I wanted to review one in iGuitar, maybe now that they are finding their way in to the UK, we'll have a chance. Interestingly, I snapped up one of the only three in the country currently. People in the right places, ya see! ;0)
[/quote]

Am eager to try one, also Edit: Should read reviews (plural!) you do have great bass instincts Dood haha!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1338051199' post='1669055']
Ha ha, well, good news,the MB800 Fusion is being released for next year with tye valve preamplifier and features in!

The review Of the head will be in Issue 10, the next issue of iGuitar, the current one is 9.

Yup, I've flagged the issue re: Base and it should have been sorted already!! See, no one listens to the bass player!!
[/quote]

An MB800 Fusion - having the 500 version, and not being able to use anywhere near it`s full power, an 800 version is a frightening (but appealing) thought.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1338057027' post='1669161']
Once the UK receive the new USA made amps, trying one of these out.
[/quote]

The USA made GK amps have definitely reached Europe already, I'm not sure about the UK though. My MB200 bought from Thomann a fortnight ago is labelled US made. Personally I doubt there would be much difference in quality, but the USA label probably helps resale value if nothing else...

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1338116031' post='1669717']

The USA made GK amps have definitely reached Europe already, I'm not sure about the UK though. My MB200 bought from Thomann a fortnight ago is labelled US made. Personally I doubt there would be much difference in quality, but the USA label probably helps resale value if nothing else...
[/quote]

Glad they are getting through now. Plus 1, resale is probably higher with the USA units.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1338076710' post='1669461']

An MB800 Fusion - having the 500 version, and not being able to use anywhere near it`s full power, an 800 version is a frightening (but appealing) thought.
[/quote]

I can confirm this - owning this very MB500! It had it's live debut on Saturday. Playing through two 4x10s, I had the volume at 8 o'clock. Almost comically powerful. Needless to say, as I was playing my Spector, the sound was incredible.