Why become a member? ×

back to basics NBD '50's P bass

artisan

so i decided to take advantage of the instant rebate Fender are offering at the mo' & bought a 50's P bass in fiesta red from guitar guitar which has just arrived :i-m_so_happy: .
unfortunately i'm at work so have only had a quick look over/play on it,but so far for £588 delivered i am well happy,what a lovely bass with top notch build quality,can't wait to get home stick some flats on & plug it in.
truth be known i am a die hard Fender fan although i always move them on in the quest for "the" bass but always come back home to good old Fender,so lets see if i can hang onto this one. :D
while i like my G&L (which is in the for sale section) i don't need all of those available tones for the music i play, a good P bass is all i need,its so nice to just plug in & play without messing around with a multitude of controls.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='essexbasscat' timestamp='1336652428' post='1648915']
Excellent move ! :) You instinctively know when something is right ;)

You do attract the Fiesta red basses y'know. That Fiesta red Road Worn Precision you sold me goes out most weekends - s'lovely :blush:
[/quote]
:D you know i do wish i'd not sold that bass it is a brilliant bass for sure :facepalm:

agree about the neck guys its very nice indeed,nicer than the USA P bass which i recently swapped -- (see there's a pattern here).
i really really like this bass it's very nearly as good as the Roadworn i stupidly sold,mind i stupidly sold my Roadworn Jazz bass too,its official I AM STUPID.

Edited by artisan

i had a good old play on this last night & stuck some fender flats on it,very nice indeed sounds just as it should,damn fine build quality too,hell even the factory setup was spot on all it needed (for the flats) was the truss rod tightened a 1/3 of a turn--perfect.
i just love the neck to bits to its a very good £588's worth.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1336736851' post='1650188']
My missus gave me permission to acquire a P-bass last night. These are very high on the shortlist...
[/quote]

i can very highly recommend the 50's, as long as you like the wide neck,i'd say this is a nicer bass than my last MIA P bass & that was very nice.

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1336744928' post='1650361']
you know i've been looking at it thinking the exact same thing plus of course some covers & a tug bar :D

cheers
[/quote]

Sounds awesome! :) I'd suggest WD music for the best tort as they do the real deal. You can read about it on offsetguitars.

[quote name='CBbass' timestamp='1336745224' post='1650371']
Sounds awesome! :) I'd suggest WD music for the best tort as they do the real deal. You can read about it on offsetguitars.
[/quote]

i've used WD before when i blinged up a MIM P bass once before,they are good i agree.