Why become a member? ×

Im thinking of buying a TC BH500 ???

merlin

Are you mad? Giving the cash to the Mrs sets a dangerous precedent my friend, if word got about it could be the end of Basschat as we know it. :o

You wouldn't want that on your conscience, would you?

For the sake of future generations of Basschatters, buy the amp, quickly... :D

[quote name='merlin' timestamp='1336580310' post='1647908']
I just sold some bits and now have a little cash in my wallet,now I have seen these amps and there is a burning in my pocket,should I do this?
or the other option is to give the cash to Mrs Merlin??? :(
[/quote]

Unless the amount of money can buy you a ticket to South America and a new identity you're probably best off just handing it over... :rolleyes:

I just sold some bits and now have a little cash in my wallet,now I have seen these amps and there is a burning in my pocket,should I do this?
[/quote]
You need to ask? Plenty of fish in the sea ;)

Not so long ago, [b]£1,100[/b] came my way via [i][b]Her Majesties Inland Robbers[/b][/i], and I wasn't sure whether to spend it all on a nice [b]Ibanez SR1200[/b] which I had gassed for, for quite some time, or come clean and tell the missus.
Luckily I found one on eBay which was just two weeks old, in mint condition with an original [b]Ibanez hard-case[/b] for just [b]£500[/b].

Problem solved, Mrs Brig got a few pairs of shoes, I got the bass I wanted, and we had a few meals out.

Two happy bunnies, and no guilty conscience!

[/quote]
I shall follow this thread with interest as i too am considering the BH500...have been researching it throughout today and am struggling to find any negatives about it to be honest. :)

[quote name='Starless' timestamp='1336587956' post='1648094']
Total thumbs up from me. Gigging with one for past 6 months now (plus BC410) and cuts through anything no problem. Run it flat, no EQ, perfect (and lightweight).
[/quote]

Yep I have one - run it flat, plenty of power, and grit if you want with tube simulator

Just pulled the trigger on one of these. £339 ex display.
I've been looking for a suitable Old Skool sounding amp for The Blues Band and after quite a bit of research thought that it would do very nicely thankyou.
I'll report back once I've put it through it's paces with the Techsoundystems 212. I'm thinking it will be a rather nice combination, well I'm hoping it will be :ph34r:

picked up one from GAK yesterday £350,not yet plugged her in,but it wont be long.
played for ages in shop, really liked the over drive tube sound, made me sound like Billy Sheehan,(the no talent version :huh: ) also played alot with the store your own sounds bit,very cool. :D :D
Watch out Mr Guitard Im going to get you....... B)

I'm not sure what advice to follow re running this amp with two cabs. I've good results (to me anyway) running a 4ohm 212 cab with my 8ohm BFM 210 sat up top so the drivers are all vertical. I realise this is not the ideal but I like some volume at ear height, the Omni cab runs at less volume than the 212 which is good....to me. My current amp is designed to run at 2ohms but is the BH500 good for 2.67Ohms or whatever it is.
Thanks in advance B-)

I've been looking at different amps to try as my current amp, a Yamaha BBT500H is a modeling amp and you have to play thru' a preset. I'm trying to get away from that so I'm trying to find something with a warm Old School kinda tone and my last trier, a GK MB200 was a little too modern sounding for me hence me trying the BH500.
I got the amp today and first impressions albeit through a 16 ohm Ashdown 110 ......aren't that great. :( OK but not great.
Bear in mind that I've only tried it thru' the Ashdown 110 at home up to now but I'll be running it thru' a Techsoundsystems ND212T at rehearsal tomorrow so will update then.

With the tone set flat and "no contour" the sound is very sterile and lifeless and really lacking in warmth on all three of my Basses. With the contour switched on it does warm things up a tad but not as much as I was hoping. Tweetertone adds nothing but maybe that's because there ain't one in the cab.
I'm hoping the Ashdown cab is at fault, bless it, it's only a basic 110 so we'll see more tomorrow I guess. Hopefully things will improve somewhat.
Through the Ashdown cab my Yamaha BBT500H sounds warmer but the TC wins thru' the cans so hopefully that'll be the same when I play it thru' a decent cab.
With my Ibanez Blazer (the musicman esc pickup type) thru' the Yamaha / Ashdowm the bottom end is surprisingly nice and fat and the mids are very burpy and jump out nicely but it's all lost thru' the TC, it just sounds MEH.
Both My P and J Basses sound OK but again there's no real improvement over the Yamaha.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then I guess. :ph34r: