Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*

Josh

Hey guys,

So this is the Precision that changed my opinion on them and it really is a great bass but unfortunately my jazzes and my Streamer are getting the most usage and I feel bad just seeing it sat there on a stand.

I got this from Rasta a few months ago, who by the way is an absolute gent, and as such was kind enough to reinstall the original pick ups to complete the bass, he also managed to find a period correct bridge and an aftermarket tortoise shell pickguard which I think looks nice. So as such the bass is 80% original, the control knobs, strap buttons and bridge are non-original but still look good, but the body: neck, machine heads, pick ups and electronics are all original and it also has the original faded white pickguard too.

But as expected for a used bass close to 30 years old it's got a bit of mojo which personally I think looks cool and doesn't affect the playability of this bass at all, if anything it adds to it. The neck is nice and worn but still nice and clean and the finish still has a nice flame to it still. I've tried to show as much of the dings and scratches as possible in the pics and though some might be scary I still think they add to the look of the bass.

[b][u]Pics:[/u][/b]

[b][u][/u][/b]

Serial number: JV40478

Hopefully that makes a few things clearer. This is by no means a mint condition bass but it has been used and it still works absolutely fine, it could benefit from a proper set up but I've had no problems with it all. It's got a nice action which is low but every note rings out nice and clearly and it's a good weight too.

The tone of this bass is fantastic, having never been one for Precisions originally the sound of this one legitimately blew me away. It's warm and growly which is perfect for funk/soul/motown and just bringing up the tone it is great for punk and rock.

SOLD

Any other info please just ask :)

Thanks,

Josh.

P.S. For more info on the JV's head to [url="http://www.21frets.com/"]http://www.21frets.com/[/url]

Edited by Josh

Ah my ol' JV..T'is a wonderful bass this and Josh is a top bloke too. Good luck with the sale matey, any potential buyer will be getting a piece of Precision bass history...and yes the JV's really are that good :)