Why become a member? ×

2008 Warwick Streamer Stage I - 6 strings (SOLD)

Emanew

ON HOLD -

Hi,

I plan to sell my beloved 6 strings. I need money for a fretless project.

It is mint, i take care of my instruments.
Beautiful maple, Wenge fretboard, Broadneck to keep the 4 strings feeling on a 6er.
MEC soapbar pickups, stock gold hardware (now it is black)

I am looking for around 2000€
4500€ on Warwick site and 3500€ on Thomann' site.

Edited by Johngh

Thanks fellows for compliments and PMs.

I am looking for cash to get a fretless.
For trade (plus cash or not), i am interested among these basses : a Wal MK1, Thumb 6, Sadowsky JB.

Keep on grooving

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Emanew, thats a really good price. You should try advertising on Warwick forum too (there's some fretless basses there for sale so you might even get a trade going) http://forum.warwick.de/forum.php

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Emanew. I spoke with my friend from France. He can cut the warwick streamer with you. He wanted to know if you can take it in hand to look at whether this really all right with the bass, he lives in paris chessy marne valle. You wanna sell it? I hope your answer. hug

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1340194269' post='1700735']
I wondered if you had thought about de-fretting the Warwick?
[/quote]

Hi ped,

Yes, i thought about de-fretting in the beginning. For 2 mains reasons i prefer looking for a "real" fretless :

First, it is expensive and i already spent a lot for this beautiful monster.
Secondly, this bass is designed for fretted sound (maple, Wengé) and slapping (broadneck).

One day, i thought "Willl you get the right fretless sound ? does it worth to alterate such a piece of work ? "
The first time he saw this Streamer, my luthier said : " What a instrument, they are really well designed and built."

I look for a 6er fretless sound, i need to find the right tool.
I don't have to ask this Maple/ Wengé Stage I to be the fretless (Alder or Azfelia or Bubinga ../ Ebony fingerboard) that i wish.

Am i wrong ?

Edited by Emanew

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1340231858' post='1701639']

Hi ped,

Yes, i thought about de-fretting in the beginning. For 2 mains reasons i prefer looking for a "real" fretless :

First, it is expensive and i already spent a lot for this beautiful monster.
Secondly, this bass is designed for fretted sound (maple, Wengé) and slapping (broadneck).

I don't want to alterate such a piece of work.
The first time he saw this Streamer, my luthier said : " What a instrument, they are really well designed and built."

Now i look a 6er fretless, i need to find the right tool. I don't have to ask this Maple/ Wengé Stage I to be the fretless (Alder or Azfelia or Bubinga ../ Ebony fingerboard) that i wish.

Am i wrong ?
[/quote]

No, that all makes perfect sense. It could be very expensive to have it done properly.

Good luck with the sale
ped

Thanks Ped.

I met here on BC a member called "littleal" last year : gentleman and fine groover.
He used to own a 6er Thumb and he had its original wengé fingerboard changed for ebony one. But its Bubinga body fits the fretless design.
He sold it before i knew it.... Alas

Good groove