Why become a member? ×

Pair of 1st series Fender JV Basses (P&J) Uber rare!

Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1335542633' post='1632970']
oh wow - didn't think i'd see these two up for sale... here's hoping i win the lottery this weekend, i'd be knocking on your door monday morning if I had the £££...
[/quote]

I didn't win the lottery either, so no new house=no more space=somethings gotta go!! :(

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1335700638' post='1634679']
Perhaps you should sell me yours then, which would mean I'd have to keep them wouldn't I :P
[/quote]

Hmm thinks about it (and a good question for you too...)....

the value of my JV squier < amount needed to get similar quality (but not collectable) replacement

I've have got more and more worried about taking mine out live as it's become more and more collectable. At some point I'll move it on for something I'll worry less about- but would be hard to find something nicer I think!

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1335714257' post='1634887']
Hmm thinks about it (and a good question for you too...)....

the value of my JV squier < amount needed to get similar quality (but not collectable) replacement

I've have got more and more worried about taking mine out live as it's become more and more collectable. At some point I'll move it on for something I'll worry less about- but would be hard to find something nicer I think!
[/quote]

I didnt say it was going to be good for you!!! :D

You're right, you wouldn't replace these with anything better for the price, that's for sure!

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1335723334' post='1635059']
I didnt say it was going to be good for you!!! :D

You're right, you wouldn't replace these with anything better for the price, that's for sure!
[/quote]

I just need to 'find' an 'original' 1962 jazz to swap for your two JV's! :D stranger things have happened!

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1335723675' post='1635067']
I just need to 'find' an 'original' 1962 jazz to swap for your two JV's! :D stranger things have happened!
[/quote]

Indeed, stranger things have happened (Like finding a mint shell pink '62 Jazz for $5 !! :D

The more i sit and look at this pair, the more crazy i think I am, they are amazing, I'd regret it in an instant. I'm now digging out some other basses, that will be available on here soon, to make some space.

A nice '58 Relic is being pulled out from under the bed as we speak.....

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1335523706' post='1632513']
Actually, a new spine would be of interest. I've had two lots of surgery on mine, the second of which involved some removal, and replacement with what can best be described as scaffolding, so I'll take your vertebrae as p/x if thats agreeable?? :P
[/quote]

Been there, done that, got the scaffolding! Four ops. Not nice.
Have a bump for quite possibly the nicest pair I've seen for a while!
:D

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1341915664' post='1725971']
Been there, done that, got the scaffolding! Four ops. Not nice.
Have a bump for quite possibly the nicest pair I've seen for a while!
:D
[/quote]

Thanks for the bump, sorry to hear you share my spinal difficulties, and no, it's not nice!

Rich. I know you are selling these as you have too little space. I have a solution! If space is at a premium a bass is a big big thing. Smaller things are therefore far more valuable. Looking around my room I see a number of small original star wars figures. Not only are they older than these basses (and vintage is more valuable) but they are also significantly smaller. So a small then 3 small things are worth more than two big things, this is a great deal for you, and because they are small and won't skew the deal too much, you can have a choice of ewok added in too.
Small things for big, it's going to be a hardship having these big things, but for you mate ;)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1342098235' post='1729523']
£2500 for the pair? Yeah, they're nice, but that seems mad money for what is essentially a pair of squiers. I ought to buy a 90s squier, it's bound to be worth silly money in about 10 years time :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Not likely, there's nowt nice or rare about a 90's Squier. These are that price because there's hardly any made, especially in this original condition, they are highly sought after, and are the most accurate reissues ever made. Price is reasonable, I've seen these go for 31400 each, and not as early as mine either. You're right though, it is alot of money. value for money is a different thing though, and they are worth every penny.

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1342097621' post='1729504']
I'm some what aroused by these.

Does the P have the raised A poles...?
[/quote]

No, the '57 Precision has the raised poles for the A string, as the originals.

These are both '62 Reissues, so flat poles on the P.

Thanks for the question.

Rick.