Why become a member? ×

new here need advice on selling

pjd0wn5

Hi my names peter i have a tokai tw451 bassworks for sale and would like some feedback,it's had lots of views but no replies if anyone could let me know if they think i'm asking too much or if theres anything wrong with the post i would be grateful tokai uk value it at 399 obviously its value is relative to its desirability but if anyone thinks what i'm asking is too high please let me know constructively.Many thanks for your time

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Basschat.

1stly I doubt anything is wrong with your sales thread. The 2nd bass market is very slow at the moment and there are amazing instruments that have been for sale here, in Bass Direct, the Bass Gallery, eBay for months with no takers. Some even over a year. It's a sign of the times and if you want a quick sale then you need to give it away I'm afraid.

As for value - it's worth whatever someone will pay for it, though it's worth noting that many of us are precious about our gear and given you have a large dink on the front of the bass you have to be prepared for that to put a large percentage off.

2ndly Basschat is quite community focused and new members can often have a hard time integrating - especially if the first thing they do is sell something. It is a know fact that some people won't deal with guys who sign up and sell stuff with no community input. Like buying something expensive from an eBay member with zero feedback - lots of people just don't do it. We also have a feedback section here and it does get used. It may help to stick around a bit and contribute to discussions around the forum. I'm not saying it WILL help, but in my experience it does make a difference!

After all we are not a sales site. The sales forums are a free-to-use added extra to a bass discussion forum, which we hope all members will use more than the sales sections (it doesn't always quite work out that way though!).

Hope you find the place useful!

Shep

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1335259551' post='1627965']
After all we are not a sales site. [/quote]

Key point here! In some ways internet forums are not that different to the "real" world. If you meet someone for the first time and immediately try to sell them something, they might be rather reserved. Try to sell that same something to a mate and it is a lot easier.

It can also be perceived as rude when someone joins a community will the sole purpose of selling an item. Not saying that is the case here, but it has definitely happened in the past.

Remember TIM?? :D

Hi Peter and welcome.

Don't worry if your bass hasn't shifted yet. As of today it's only been on the site for 4 days and that's not a long time in the current marketplace. Just bump your ad once every few days and it should sell eventually.

Patience is the key and if you think it's worth what you're asking, then dropping the price quite so soon after your first post would be a bit premature, IMO.

Hope you enjoy the forum - stick around and take part in the general banter. :)

Thank you to all of you i am sorry if i upset anyone.I am not a bass player i wish i was but i'm just not good enough i tried it wasn't her(the bass) it really was me so here i am bankrupt with nothing to my name trying to get going again she's the only thing of value i have jobseekers next week i think, anyway thats the whole deal with me,and if you want to know what i think of bass players and bass guitars well i sacked a lead singer rather than lose a drum and bass partnership and bootsie collins , jon entwistle and joe mudele are geniuses yes i'm that old,i wish i could join in the forums but all i know about basses is theyr'e beautiful and i can't play them.Thankyou so much for your time everyone.