Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Premium SR1300 £460 firm

Evil Undead

[size=6][color=#ff0000][u]Firstly - Warwick Corvette $$ in Nirvana black.[/u][/color][/size]

I know, I know. I said I'd never sell or trade this bass again - but for all of my silly sentimental attachments, I don't know if it's "the one" for me.

That said, it really is a great bass. Looks awesome, very versatile tones, feels and plays great. As I'm sure anyone who is reading this knows, it's a beast. Made in Germany in 2008. I've owned it since April 2010, apart from the month when it lived with Flex! But we haven't been jelling for a while, and it's time I stopped being so dumb and searched for something that would suit me more.

There are some very minor cosmetic blemishes but nothing to write home about. I can send more pictures. The electronics are in good working order.

Only minor issue is that the truss rod doesn't seem to want to move - I was going to get it looked at before I moved it on, but as there's the perfect amount of relief in the neck and it doesn't seem to budge, I decided not to. It plays beautifully, tiny amount of relief, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?! It's right to mention it though.

EDIT - out of interest I asked a local luthier what would be required to sort that out if it needed in in the future - he said it's just a matter of loosening the rod, clamping the neck for a week and tightening it back up. £30 he said. But, as I mentioned, the bass plays fantastically. Come try it out and see :)

Ash body, ovangkol neck and wenge fretboard. Black hardware, bell brass frets.

£[s]500[/s] [s] £450[/s] SOLD

Only trade considered is a PX For an active DI

[size=6][color=#ff0000][u]Second - Ibanez Premium SR1300[/u][/color][/size]

I just bought this last week as I've been after a lighter bass. But, after playing the Warwick I'm having trouble getting used to the very slim neck!

I'd like £500 (paid £550 last week) and trade would be for a Precision bass - as above, maple neck, around 8.5lbs or under. Link to the original thread - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/174281-sold-ibanez-sr1300-japan-custom-made-w-east-u-retro-barts/page__p__1634317__hl__sr1300__fromsearch__1#entry1634317"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1634317[/url]

I'm in Gloucester, and would prefer to meet up. I can meet at train stations within a couple of hundred miles of here as long as my train fare is paid in advance (no transport at the moment). Testing is very welcome, just drop me a message.

Again, for sale, or PX for an active DI

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='fender73' timestamp='1334348892' post='1615129']
what is it with you and truss rods?? :)
[/quote]

I genuinely don't know! I think I'm either just too scared to break them or I'm an epic weakling! Probably a bit of both.

The neck hasn't moved on this bass since I bought it in 2010 though.

Edited by Evil Undead

Hi mate would a fender aerodyne be of interest at all. It's less than six months old and hasn't been gigged. I appreciate it's not a five string but is a great bass. I had a double buck a few years ago and stupidly traded it in and I've been sad ever since

[quote name='Kriss' timestamp='1334572733' post='1617686']
Hi mate would a fender aerodyne be of interest at all. It's less than six months old and hasn't been gigged. I appreciate it's not a five string but is a great bass. I had a double buck a few years ago and stupidly traded it in and I've been sad ever since
[/quote]

Thank you for the offer, but it's not for me.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1334601134' post='1618380']
5 string under 8.5lbs?

Thats going to be hard.
[/quote]

Indeed. Although my old Ibby was 7.3lbs and I wish I hadn't let it go to be honest.

[quote name='chuck_stones' timestamp='1335707998' post='1634795']
Really great basses, tonnes of tone and (at least for me) very, very playable; that Ovangkol neck is sublime! If I had any money I'd definitely consider getting one of these again. Bump for a nice bass!
[/quote]

Thanks chuck. They are awesome basses, and the feel of the neck finish is awesome. Great jazz nut width too. Just a bit too chunky front to back for me and my tiny woman hands.

Hi, I'm looking for a warwick 4 string but wont have any cash for another 10 days, really wanted a thumb bo, but those babys aren't cheap are they. I really just want a bass for slapping. atm I have a lovely jazz aerodyne strung with light gauge strings (30-90) which is great for a bit of slap (Mark King Mr Pink/love games etc..), but I know warwicks are much better for a bit of slapitty slap!