Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help me find a new cab basschaters!!!

Kye

[quote name='StraightSix' timestamp='1333812325' post='1606849']
The Barefaced Compact is £540 brand new and delivered.
[/quote]

I was thinking more in terms of a Super Twelve. That, or the Super Fifteen were what I was considering before buying my 21015. I nearly went for a Barefaced Vintage that was for sale here on the forum. I'm very happy with my current rig.

I'd certainly go for a Super Twelve over most commercially available 4x10's

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='StraightSix' timestamp='1333814827' post='1606913']
Personally, I would go with a BF Compact over ANY comercially available 4X10.
[/quote]

WOW! I must try a Compact....anyone close to me got one I can try?

Edited by bassman2790

Having had Barefaced cabs (Compact & Midget) I can definitely confirm they are great cabs, but for me, my Schroeder edges it very slightly.

In terms of sound, the BFs literally put out what you put in, no colouration (or minimal, if there is any) of sound, but for power and general "bigness" of sound, for me, my Schroeder edges it very slightly. But then, the BFs were a 1x12 & 1x15, my Schroeder is 2x10 & 1x12, so there should be "more". I think also the upper-mid colouration of the sound of the Schroeder is a major factor of how it sits in the mix.

When I went from an Eden Nemesis 410 to the Compact on it`s own, I was amazed at the quality of the sound, but did find that the "bigness" wasn`t present, but again, we`re talking a lot less speakers, and personally, I prefer the sound of multiple speakers anyway. The Compact & Midget together however, surpassed any 410 I`d had up to then.

But like I say, the Schro edges it for me, however I`d recommend Barefaced in an instant, and Alex is a great guy to deal with - answered my e-mails at 7.30 on a Fri evening - great customer service.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1333808104' post='1606786']
Another Bareface endorser here.

Compact is superb.
Midget is awesome.
Compact + Midget is cab Nirvana.
[/quote]

Oddly enough this pairing never really did it for me, so I sold the Midget and bought a second Compact. Now that is a pairing!

Cheers

Geoff

How does a Barefaced cab "sound" like does it have any notable colouration of the sound?

The only reason I'm using a 410 is because the particular 410 I'm using, I really dig the sound (and it was/is well in my budget) it's quite snarly. Though the Big twin seems to do everything I could want from a cab ever! Especially as someone who changes sound, and uses a big frequency range often (for different styles, session playing etc)

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1333873845' post='1607500']
How does a Barefaced cab "sound" like does it have any notable colouration of the sound?
[/quote]

Certainly the most transparent, uncloured sounding cabs I`ve ever used.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1333873845' post='1607500']

The only reason I'm using a 410 is because the particular 410 I'm using, I really dig the sound (and it was/is well in my budget) it's quite snarly. Though the Big twin seems to do everything I could want from a cab ever! Especially as someone who changes sound, and uses a big frequency range often (for different styles, session playing etc)
[/quote]

This is something that many people don't take into consideration. Barefaced cabs are designed to faithfully reproduce the sound of the bass/amp but some people like the colouration a certain cab adds to the tone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being negative about barefaced cabs but what I will say is that when I has a Compact on loan, it was loud and it was light but I didn't really like the lack or coloration to the tone. Call me traditional but I'm from the heavy lifting brigade!

Ah ok, thanks guys!

I was getting the impression that they are pretty transparent cool!

If you have a head you really like the sound of with your bass then the Barefaced cabs seem like the ultimate cabs really,

Moos3h, I'm similar, i've always liked hi-fi sounds, I'm very much for the advance of musical technology (however in cabs it's very sorely over looked which is why Barefaced and Alex get my full support!) used rigs weighing nothing, neo 212s and a micro head etc...

Found the sound I really like with a 410 and an all valve head, I was shocked (as was my spine :lol: )

my main bass has a fairly aggressive tone especially in the mids(seymour duncan 1/4lb pickups) and i find that the super 12t accentuates this slightly.
for rock and metal its an awesome combination, especially if you play fingerstyle
im more or less flat on my head with just a touch of compression.

i have played loads of cabs and this one just seems to capture my sound in a way that i have never come accross before, wether it is because of the voicing of the cab or the fact that that it is just accurately recreating my bass sound im not sure but i wouldnt trade it for anything.

Barefaced are great cabs, but then I'm old and can't lift a 410 any more. If you've tried BF and still want a 410 then that's OK. BF is not going to suit everyone. There were some Eden cabs in the For Sale section awhile ago.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1333879811' post='1607606']
Barefaced are great cabs, but then I'm old and can't lift a 410 any more. If you've tried BF and still want a 410 then that's OK. BF is not going to suit everyone. There were some Eden cabs in the For Sale section awhile ago.
[/quote]

Yep, this Eden Nemesis would be worth checking out:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/171032-eden-ns410-fs-ft/page__p__1593583__hl__eden__fromsearch__1#entry1593583

I had one of these, good cabs, fairly lightweight, great sound. I posted a review of mine on here.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1334069908' post='1610462']
Anyone heard any updates on the Barefaced '69er?

It's a cab I very much want to try!
[/quote]

Is it based on the rear parcel shelf of a teenager's car?