Why become a member? ×

Sorted

gafbass02

Hey all. Oh the irony! Looks like I'm going to need a dep for a series of gigs over the summer. Mainly June.
We play rocked up versions of pop stuff like bonnie Tyler, spice girls, Katy perry, lady gaga etc. it's awesome fun and the gigs are paid.
All the gigs will be Gloucestershire area around Cheltenham area mainly. There's quite a lot of songs, but nothing taxing or tricky and we have a free rehearsal space ( we use a jamhub, it's great)
All I need is someone who will learn the songs and turn up when they are needed, no huge commitment, no politics etc it's a three piece and a really fun band. It may turn into a full time post depending on our bassists recovery after an op.
If you're interested please drop me a line for more details. The band is called 'MyDesign'
Gaf

Edited by gafbass02

A couple of questions. Are you talking about turning up for gigs or rehearsals and gigs? What are the dates? My band are taking a break as the drummer is having a baby but I have some other commitments, so just wondering if they clash.

Some rehearsals would be ideal, just to make sure everything's in place before we hit a stage, but the songs are so simple that endless hours of whip cracking wouldn't be nessecary lol
These are the most likely dates. We wont know for sure until the bassist gets an operation date from the doctor then all its all systems go.
June 2nd 2pigs Cheltenham
Mon 4th Bayshill Chelt afternoon
June 15th. Swan in Evesham. 
June 29th Rolleston  Swindon 
June 30th Swindon
August 18th  Bayshill Cheltenham

We 'd provide recordings of our versions of all tracks too for learning. And keep the set the same each time Limited to a strict. 2x45 set for ease.
Our full song list is:
Wherever whenever
Paparazzi
poker-face 
girls just want to have fun 
something kind of ooh
Friday 
Saturday night 
Ooh ah just a little bit 
spice up your life 
Oops I did it again 
total eclipse of the heart 
firework
fight for your right 
I like it rough 
wannabe 
think we're alone now
relax 
hungry like the wolf 
Stay
I kissed a girl 
trouble
Running up that hill
price tag 
thousand miles 
breathe
Omen
Nancy boy 
danger zone 
the look 
when I come around 
back for good 
teardrop 
motorcycle emptiness 
girl all the bad guys 
rooftops 
material girl 
screamager
Basket case
last Friday night 
The bad touch 
The only way is up
Party rock anthem

All 'four chord' versions, basic arrangements but 'rocked up'

• 2 weeks later...

I play in a function band that does pretty similar stuff, rocked up gaga and katy perry etc. The only thing worrying me is the 2.5 hour drive... How much are the gigs paying? And is it expenses on top? Also I'm only free for about half the dates... On second thoughts it may not be the best idea haha. Anyway PM if you get really stuck!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...