Why become a member? ×

Good afternoon - blues bass is alive and well in Edinburgh

snorkie635

Where to begin - there's the problem. Began on an Avon EB0 copy (£45 from a Kay's catalogue) and a Hawk 5 watt combo (seriously bad sound @ £40). From what I remember, the whole band went through that amp - 2 guitars, bass and vocals. After some time, graduated to a Selmer treble and bass 100watt top with two 18" no-name cabinets; progressed to two Marshall 100 watt tops and added two 4x12" cabs to the two 18" cabs - silly loud and probably the start of my knackered back! Next move was to dump the stack and use a Peavey Databass 400watt combo - ok, but a little dry, Time to purchase a Trace stack with 4x10, 1x18, 4x5 bright box and a Quatra Valve head: this one I liked. Never one to stay still, moved it on for an Eden Metro combo with an 18" extension cab. Next up, added yet another Eden Metro and a 15" cab (this alongside the 1st Metro and the 18! Must have lost the plot at this point, and added Eden 2x12" cab AND a sub loaded with 2x15" speakers - I know, this was 3x15s, 1x18, 4x10s and 2x12s being driven by two 600watt heads a-side. Strange what you do when you're younger. Anyway, sold most of this and bought two Euphonic Audio 350 combos, only to shift them on for 2x12 EA caba and an 800watt i-amp head. Nowadays, it's an Ampeg SVT 6-pro and two Eden cabs (18 and 4x10 XST).Which bass? Ah, that's for a whole other day!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1334252576' post='1613336']
Hey Snorkie,

Welcome to BC. Us noobs will be hanging on your lips should you decide to place a word in a forum.
That, and telling you you badly need a 15" and a 2x12" with these Edens, plus a good insurance of course.

Enjoy!

bert
[/quote]

I'm afraid that 15s were never my favourite - even although I used to use three of them. The 2x12 was a good one though. Nowadays, everything is being downsized to match my brain. :blush:

• 1 month later...