Why become a member? ×

For the sake of offering postage...

Had this guy offered carriage I reckon he'd have received a good deal more for his Ltd Ed Stingray! :huh:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190657584569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1202"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190657584569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1202[/url]

I sent a message and got nowt back but I'd have bumped his bidding up to about £700. :rolleyes:

I looked at that one, too.. don't need one, can't really afford one, quite fancy one at the right price but deffo not driving to the Deep South for one!
Wasn't there a thread on here about this very issue? Plenty of folks just don't trust either the carriers or the person receiving it 'damaged'.
Up to the seller, but it surely reduces the potential market.

Whenever i come across sellers not offering postage, i just ask them if they will put bubble wrap and a box round it, and i'll have a courier pick it up (Arranged by me for collection at a time to suit them.....usually their work address), so far, i've [i]never[/i] had that option refused by a seller. I pay £12 for a courier to collect a bass from anywhere in the UK, and bring it to my door. Well worth considering guys, dont be put off from a potential bargain because buyer wants collection only!!!

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1332693796' post='1591726']
Whenever i come across sellers not offering postage, i just ask them if they will put bubble wrap and a box round it, and i'll have a courier pick it up (Arranged by me for collection at a time to suit them.....usually their work address), so far, i've [i]never[/i] had that option refused by a seller. I pay £12 for a courier to collect a bass from anywhere in the UK, and bring it to my door. Well worth considering guys, dont be put off from a potential bargain because buyer wants collection only!!!
[/quote]

I regularly do that and actually did it with this guy but it was a none starter! Some people can't be bothered with waiting in for couriers to turn up and/or they fear that breakages (or if on ebay 'alleged' breakages) will give them more grief than it is worth. HOWEVER, worst case scenario happened to a friend; he sold a remote control car on ebay and the buyer paid via paypal and phoned my mate asking if he could organise a courier. Not a problem so my mate duly packed it and it was collected next day... just over a week later the buyer demands a refund for none delivery of item! My mate doesn't have a leg to stand on as he has no 'proof' that he sent the item, as the buyer did all of the booking etc. A cautionary tale.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1332706188' post='1591986']
I regularly do that and actually did it with this guy but it was a none starter! Some people can't be bothered with waiting in for couriers to turn up and/or they fear that breakages (or if on ebay 'alleged' breakages) will give them more grief than it is worth. HOWEVER, worst case scenario happened to a friend; he sold a remote control car on ebay and the buyer paid via paypal and phoned my mate asking if he could organise a courier. Not a problem so my mate duly packed it and it was collected next day... just over a week later the buyer demands a refund for none delivery of item! My mate doesn't have a leg to stand on as he has no 'proof' that he sent the item, as the buyer did all of the booking etc. A cautionary tale.
[/quote]

You're right to warn of caution, i'd never considered that, although i always send copy of the courier paperwork/invoice to the seller (Not that anyones asked for it?), i just feel better showing my openness and honesty, it also contains all the collection dates/times so it helps avoid any confusion there, and also (In the event of situations like the one you quoted) provides evidence should PayPal seek it when fraudulant claims come knocking!

Awful story though, there's obviously people who make a living from that, not nice at all!!

As with lots of things, its the actions of the few that prevent more freedom for the majority! :unsure: