Why become a member? ×

Should It Stay or Should It Go?

jazseven

Ok, So Basically my dad is CONSIDERING selling his limited edition Warwick Corvette $$, it's no.3 of 10 made for release in the UK only.

[size=4]He's been umming and ahhing over it for a few weeks now and still hasn't come to a conclusion so I offered to ask all the lovely 4 string slingers of BassChat.

I personally think he is a fool.... but I may be being biased as it's my inheritance he's considering selling :P

Here's the specs and a pic of the beaut![/size]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]The Corvette $$ Special Edition LTD UK from the Warwick Custom Shop was available only in the UK. Outfitted with two passive MEC MM-style humbuckers that can be configured in series, parallel or single coil, the Corvette$$ offers an impressive sound variety and a powerful tone. The bolt-on neck joint allows for a clear and direct response. The American swamp ash body with a bird's eye poplar top in natural satin finish is adorned with an ekanga veneer stripe. The matched headstock, the bird's eye maple fingerboard and black hardware complete the exciting visuals of this special edition instrument. The Warwick Custom Shop inlay on the headstock's backside and an authenticity certificate warrant the exclusivity of this Special Edition LTD UK.[/size][/font][list]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Corvette $$[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]4 String Model[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Pickups: MEC passive MM/MM[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Natural Satin Finish[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Fretted Birdseye Maple fingerboard[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Black Hardware[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]MEC active 2-way electronic[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Body Swamp Ash / Birdseye Poplar Top[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Bolt-On Neck of Birdseye Maple[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Warwick Machine Heads[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Warwick 2-piece Bridge[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Matched Headstock[/size][/font]
[*][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]24 Frets[/size][/font]
[*][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Warwick Custom Shop" inlay on the backside of the headstock[/font][/size]
[/list]

[size=3][size=4]If anyone has anymore questions about her then feel free to email my dear father at [email protected][/size][/size]

These are really nice basses - I have number 6 of 10. Actually I believe it's number 6 of 7 4 strings with 8, 9 & 10 being 5 stringers.

As for selling Warwick prices aren't great at the moment (certainly compared to new prices) but that should be taken in context of prices in general. As far as I can tell resale prices for most musical instruments (except for really rare stuff) are low at the moment. Look at the number of MusicMan Stingrays for sale at really low prices on the For Sale thread.

I was holding out for a 'regular' Corvette $$ (or maybe a 5-string) but if he decides to sell I could well be interested depending on price and condition.

Edited by ChrisG

They're right about Warwicks not holding their value or selling at the moment but that's pretty much true across the board - now is NOT the time to be selling something like this unless he really needs the money..If I was going to sell I'd look at selling through the Warwick website where he's likely to get more interest from Warwick lovers..

Beautiful bass by the way..

[quote name='jazseven' timestamp='1332441223' post='1588503']
He's wanting around £1200, also is there any way I can move this post to the 'For Sale' forum or will/do I have to make a new post?
[/quote]

I'm sure a mod would move it - ask Machines or PantherAirsoft.

Looks a stunning bass. Market has been quite depressed for Warwicks, so unsure what he could get - if he wants £1,200... Well, business hat on, start at £1,300 and get talking to people :)