Why become a member? ×

I fell head over heels in love yesterday

Valhalalf

Decided to go try a few basses out at GuitarGuitar in Brum yesterday.

I tried out a Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5, a Lakland Skyline 55-01, an Overwater contemporary J 5 and a few others but nothing really grabbed me. I really wanted to have a good thump on a G&L Trib 2500 but alas they didn't have any G&L in stock.

Then I tried a Lakland Skyline Vintage J 55-60 and oh my god! It wasn't just love at first play, it was 'I want to settle down, have kids and grow old with this thing' at first play.

I'll admit, I've never been too keen on the look of the Lakland bridge and it initially put me off trying one. But after yesterday I've fallen in love with every inch of it, especially the really small frets and feel of the neck, it was just effortless to play and sounded wonderful.

I'm seriously toying with selling my '91 Fender Telecaster Plus to get one, and I promised myself I would never sell that guitar.

Love does funny things to you don't it?

[size=4]On a side note the Lakland website specs say the 55-01 and the 55-60 have the same frets but I'm pretty sure the 55-01's were bigger on the ones I tried yesterday? Anyone [/size]else noticed a difference in size?

[quote name='Valhalalf' timestamp='1332149853' post='1583806']
Been thinking about it all weekend. Might have to look into someway I can order that bad boy pronto.
[/quote]

I know a guy that knows a guy that might know of a guy that knows of a cousin that might know of an ex-sisters-boyfriend who might be able to sort it out for you.... for the right price :ph34r:

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1332196838' post='1584814']
If that was me, it would be gone the day after I saw it.
Get it before its too late. You may not play another one like it.
[/quote]
Yep, that's it. Flog your gear and get it. That sh*t rarely happens. I got rid of all my basses for my current perfection.