Why become a member? ×

bass head into hi-fi,possible?

clashcityrocker

Hi all, so have moved in with the girlfriend into a nice,but small,place and basically she is giving me grief about having my stack in the living room (i know I can't understand either!) So I was wondering if I could plug my head,an ashdown abm,into my hi-fi to keep space down. It's a big hi fi with all sorts of input and outputs for tv ipod etc. would never play loud and nearly always through headphones.Any help or advice would be greatly recieved, cheers
Si

I'd agree with icastle on the small practice amp. However, if you must you might be able to take a lead out the effects send and into the hifi. Do not under any circumstances take a lead from the speaker outputs. That will more than likely blow up your hifi. :unsure:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1332086956' post='1582972']
I used to plug my bass directly into the mic input on an old hifi I had with a graphic EQ on it, way before I had a decent amp!
[/quote]

This ^^^^

I have my PC linked up to the Hifi, so I can plug the active bass directly into the karaoke mic input and use headphones, meaning I can play along (silently) with music on the PC. Works awfully well!!

G.