Why become a member? ×

Boss GT-6B or a Korg AX3000B

spooksagain

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of using a multi-fx but cannot afford a brand new one.
I've decided to go for a second hand Boss GT-6B or a Korg AX3000B.
Is anyone out there knows which is best and why? I'm after a good Overdrive, Flanger, EQ and Delay and maybe basss-synth... I won't really use amp simulation, cabs etc.

Best regards
Yves

I used a Korg AX3000B for years both live and in the studio: in short, it's a fantastic piece of kit. For the price they can be had they represent a fantastic bang for buck. For me, it was a simple choice over the GT-6B.

The chorus and modulation effects are the true shining points of the unit, together with the amp modelling. On top of that, the delays, overdrives and fuzz effects are all brilliant too, plus you can assign the expression pedal to control any parameter within any effect, or use as a global volume. It can be used in 'patch mode', where you can swap quickly between groups of effects or you can instead select a patch and use it in 'stomp mode' where you ca treat each patch like a set of individual effects to be turned on and off at will. And believe it or not, but I did manage to get a usable synth sound out of it.

The downsides: it does not have a DI out (you may not need one) or a looper.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1332784456' post='1593094']
I have a Korg AX3000B for sale at £100. It does everything you need from a multi effects and a load of stuff that you don't but are fun to play with anyway! It makes a decent preamp/DI and is also useful for recording too.
[/quote]

Hi, is this unit still for sale?
Thanks