Why become a member? ×

Bass wordplay

ianrendall

Just a bit of fun for a Friday.

Last night, some nut dinged the Fender on my car, a pickup. I let out a deep Sei, but didn't fret too much. I had to walk back home. I had to cross Overwater but luckily there was a bridge. After a Sterling effort by the police, they found the guy, and he's up in Cort on Monday.

On a slightly similar note (see what I did there?) back when I was in a band we had the act we were supporting come over to us for a gig. Our singer/guitarist knew the singer from the other band so there was a bit of banter. The most groan-inspiring one was "we knew we were almost here when we saw a sign that said 'weak bridge ahead'". :)

Not wanting to [i]string[/i] anyone along and drive you all [i]nut[/i]s i thought this thread needed a bit more[i] precision[/i]. My friend [i]little Mark marshalled [/i]a few lines of text to help but made a mistake on [i]line 6[/i]. I sent him to the [i]DR[/i] who was wearing [i]chords. [/i]The DR was unsympathetic and was [i]tapping[/i] his fingers. I had enough and [i]slapped[/i] the DR who had to[i] pick [/i]himself up from the floor.

I got [i]jack[/i]ed up on more than a few drinks the other night – off the [i]scale[/i]. [i]Stag[/i]gering back home, I stopped to [i]pick-up [/i]a [i]Rol[/i]-[i]and Orange[/i] fanta to have down the street. I bumped into my mate [i]Iban [/i]“[i]E[/i]-[i]Z[/i] [i]Squire[/i]” he said “this is my new lady D[i]ebs[/i]”. She was a bit of a [i]thunder-bird [/i]if you know what I mean, and without [i]delay[/i] lunged for my snacks – the [i]barefaced[/i] cheek of it! How [i]low[/i] can people go?! I managed to [i]fend er[/i] off, and went straight home so I wouldn’t get it in the [i]neck [/i]from the mrs.

[quote name='ianrendall' timestamp='1330685246' post='1561449']
Just a bit of fun for a Friday.

Last night, some nut [b]Dingwalled[/b] the Fender on my car, a pickup. I let out a deep Sei, but didn't fret too much. I had to walk back home. I had to cross Overwater but luckily there was a bridge. After a Sterling effort by the police, they found the guy, and he's up in Cort on Monday.
[/quote]

Corrected :)