Why become a member? ×

Wat up basschat?

BassInMyFace

wat up bass chatty peeps?!!
loving this site, got started on talkbass to numb the pain of a tedious day job but stumbled across this which is way more british and therefore intelligent, good looking and well-informed!

thought i best introduce myself before i get too involved, hav already been posting a fair amount!

im 21, been a proper bass-freak since i was 15. i class myself as professional standard having played loads of gigs with a fair few bands pretty constantly. i play a Sandberg basic JM custom with 3-band eq through an old school 2x10 trace which i love.
also have a hotrod jazz copy project which i de-fretted and epoxy coated. i just fitted it with some tasty ebay dimarzio pups which i got for a steal. Proper jaco homage!! the best payoff was the producer at a BBC radio live session creaming over its tone last week, made it all worth while!!

currently im based in Brum after leaving uni last year, im sticking around whilst im playing with an indie/electro band called Prospect Lane who are doing pretty well right now. its on the brink of being a big deal, lots of meetings and radio play and most importantly gigs. great bunch of guys and if we do start breaking through its only because of hard work.
fingers crossed i can finally start doing this for a living not just cos its awesome.

anyways, ill leave it there and get back to enjoying the site while i should be working!!
thanks for having me, ill wipe my feet before entering.

oh, and i forgot to mention im desperate for a top-end, low powered practise/studio combo. iv had the same practise amp since i first picked up the bass and its doing my head in!!
ideally looking for an old SWR workingmans 10 or a small nemesis or ampeg. i have posted a wanted ad here and elsewhere but if anyone reads this and knows someone or something please let me know!!

[quote name='BassInMyFace' post='172365' date='Apr 8 2008, 04:06 PM']currently im based in Brum after leaving uni last year, im sticking around whilst im playing with an indie/electro band called Prospect Lane who are doing pretty well right now.[/quote]
Well, there's a coincidence. It's not named after a road in Solihull is it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Machines' post='188639' date='Apr 30 2008, 09:23 AM']I know it.. I live 2 miles from it and drive down it every day :).[/quote]
I used to live at number 26, up in the converted loft, an entirely different experience to living in a converted cellar in Austria.

And I remember when the Sharman's Cross was a paddock in which a horse grazed. And it was all fields round here.