Why become a member? ×

Sandberg love!

pietruszka

I recorded this YT-thing for some Dutch bass players to give an impression of the sounds I'm getting from my Sandberg.
Plenty of noodling but the comment is Dutch spoken I'm afraid.. Might still be informative enough for those who just want to listen to the bass.
Bottomline for me : I'm using the midboost all of the time ànd it's not that easy to get a creamy P-sound out of it even with the bass boosted.. Hope you get something out of this and sorry for too many notes sometimes..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9GylZJDEYE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9GylZJDEYE[/url]

</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>My ex.&nbsp;</div>
<div>I honestly didn&#39;t like it...</div>
<div>No warmth in it, very canny sound. It wasn&#39;t a phat tone, which the Marcus Miller I traded for it does have.&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Wombatboters bass though... That is one hell of a tonemonster. Too bad he doesn&#39;t want to let it go. :)</div>

Holy moly... What is happening to this post? Edited by Vanderveen

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1331925643' post='1581102']
My Sandberg.. I've owned around 120 basses (from Wal to Fodera, from Alembic to Ken Smith) but this one rules them all.. bought it for 800 euros second hand and it growls and punches..Amazing bass, I could eat it..
[/quote]

Wow , gorgeous bass you got

[quote name='JayPH' timestamp='1333143521' post='1598206']
Am very tempted. I hate GAS. I don't really need another bass but everyone else has more than one ...
[/quote]
not me anymore I sold my two stingrays and am just getting to grips with my Basic 4. if I get on with it like im hoping i will upgrade to a ken taylor or a Cali nce slim necks and well built but more importantly they sound great!
COYBs

[quote name='JayPH' timestamp='1333120530' post='1597778']
Hi Guys. I have an apportunity to buy a Sandberg Pm 4 and was wondering about the weight of them. Are they back breakers? Also what is the difference between the jm, pm ,vm and tm? Are the pm's discontinued?

I have a USA fender jazz special and was looking to get a p-bass too, but I've read a lot of good things about the Sandberg Basses and from what I've heard on Youtube they sound awsome.
[/quote]

Hi there, I know you've already had replies about this, but I would say it depends whether you're on about a Basic PM or a California PM. I had a California PM which was heavier than my Basic, and had a fuller neck profile (although still much nicer than a Fender P!) which is ultimately why I ended up trading it for another Basic. They were all Ash bodied (as all the matt finishes are), but my last aquisition was the Basic Ken Taylor 5 which is gloss black, and made of Alder, and feels lighter than either of my Ash bodied 4 strings.

Just to add to the info before; TM (was JM) is Jazz and Musicman pickups
VM (was PM) is Precision and Musicman pickups

I'm told that the change was made to reduce the risk of Fender taking legal action over their basses, which has happened with some other small manufacturers who have been doing well....

[quote name='thebuckets' timestamp='1333405947' post='1601402']

not me anymore I sold my two stingrays and am just getting to grips with my Basic 4. if I get on with it like im hoping i will upgrade to a ken taylor or a Cali nce slim necks and well built but more importantly they sound great!
COYBs
[/quote]

Where's the pics! :D

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1333580345' post='1603973']
Hi there, I know you've already had replies about this, but I would say it depends whether you're on about a Basic PM or a California PM. I had a California PM which was heavier than my Basic, and had a fuller neck profile (although still much nicer than a Fender P!) which is ultimately why I ended up trading it for another Basic. They were all Ash bodied (as all the matt finishes are), but my last aquisition was the Basic Ken Taylor 5 which is gloss black, and made of Alder, and feels lighter than either of my Ash bodied 4 strings.

Just to add to the info before; TM (was JM) is Jazz and Musicman pickups
VM (was PM) is Precision and Musicman pickups

I'm told that the change was made to reduce the risk of Fender taking legal action over their basses, which has happened with some other small manufacturers who have been doing well....
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up. So the Power Humbucker is similar to the musicman pickup or exactly the same? Interesting pickup configurations. Going to PMT in Manchester soon to try them all out :)

Yeah, the Powerhumbucker is basically the same as a Musicman humbucker. They're probably made for Sandberg by Delano or Haussel or someone.

Glad to hear you're gonna try some out! If you end up wanting a Basic 4 string or a Basic Ken Taylor 5 string, let me know because I might be selling a couple of mine to fund a custom order.....

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1334184206' post='1612422']
Yeah, the Powerhumbucker is basically the same as a Musicman humbucker. They're probably made for Sandberg by Delano or Haussel or someone.

Glad to hear you're gonna try some out! If you end up wanting a Basic 4 string or a Basic Ken Taylor 5 string, let me know because I might be selling a couple of mine to fund a custom order.....
[/quote]

Ok will do. How do you contact Sandberg? If I had the dosh I think I'd go for a J in either blackburst or redburst with block inlays. Or the green and blue haha they look so nice. Hope they play as good as they look.

[quote name='JayPH' timestamp='1334592912' post='1618172']

Ok will do. How do you contact Sandberg? If I had the dosh I think I'd go for a J in either blackburst or redburst with block inlays. Or the green and blue haha they look so nice. Hope they play as good as they look.
[/quote]

You can't buy from them directly. You can buy through PMT or GuitarGuitar in the UK and they can order whatever you want. It's far cheaper from Germany at the moment though, through Thomann or Session Music.

Are you sure I can't interest you in a Greenburst Basic 4? Much nicer neck than a California, and it'll cost you less than buying a new one! :D

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1334607753' post='1618562']
You can't buy from them directly. You can buy through PMT or GuitarGuitar in the UK and they can order whatever you want. It's far cheaper from Germany at the moment though, through Thomann or Session Music.

Are you sure I can't interest you in a Greenburst Basic 4? Much nicer neck than a California, and it'll cost you less than buying a new one! :D
[/quote]

Definitely maybe ;)

[quote name='nicklathambass' timestamp='1334753905' post='1620688']
I'll be posting a picture of my prototype MarloweDK Signature bass here when I get it! :D :D :D
Je suis excited...
[/quote]

Looking forward to it! Congrats by the way on winning, it was well deserved!

Maybe you could do a bit of a video review for us, as you have the talent and the technology to do so...... :D

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1334765266' post='1620914']
Looking forward to it! Congrats by the way on winning, it was well deserved!

Maybe you could do a bit of a video review for us, as you have the talent and the technology to do so...... :D
[/quote]

Me too :)

[quote name='pietruszka' timestamp='1335211201' post='1627431']
I think contribution points are in order for TRBboy! Either that or you have shares in Sandberg.
I have to admit I'd love the jigsaw bass they have on the custom page.
Keep 'em coming!

Dan
[/quote]

Go on Dan, you know you want a fretted one too! :D

Hahaha! You know what? I would love one. Every time I show my GF a bass she always says "you don't need another bass!". Very true actually, I don't NEED one. But Stingrays are heavy and eventually I will need to get a lighter full time bass and a Sandberg will the one I think.

Dan

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1331925643' post='1581102']
My Sandberg.. I've owned around 120 basses (from Wal to Fodera, from Alembic to Ken Smith) but this one rules them all.. bought it for 800 euros second hand and it growls and punches..Amazing bass, I could eat it..
[/quote]

It makes me hungry too... :lol:

What is the wood on top ?
These 2 MM pickups sound great

I remember your Wal (another cool video from you)
Cheers

and in French.... Bon appétit ! :D

Edited by Emanew