Why become a member? ×

If you get some pain in your thumb...

NancyJohnson

Woke up one morning with pain in my thumb...stiff, achy, clicky. I just put it down to a strain. Wore a support for a while. No improvement. As time went on, I'd wake up in the morning (or the odd afternoon) with my thumb rigid and hooked around towards my palm, but it would loosen up, so I put off seeing a doctor. Playing was a bit of a nightmare as I couldn't bend my thumb backwards behind the neck, so more recently I've had to adapt how I play (more roots, heh).

Saw a consultant last month (after much moaning from my wife) and had a forty minute surgery this afternoon. Lovely. I've just popped a couple of painkillers but it hurts like f2ck. I have a gig on 13th March as well.

I haven't read a book this year so far...I have a huge pile to start going through!
P

Thank you for the get wells. :)

I had a trigger thumb with ligament complication...the pulley at the base of the thumb was calloused and the ligament inflamed (if I'd got it looked at sooner rather than putting it down to a [i]man strain[/i] it wouldn't have been so bad). To compound this I also had two small lipomas removed as well in a separate procedure on the same day (one on each arm).

P

Edited by NancyJohnson