Why become a member? ×

SOLD MIM Fender Jazz Black/Rosewood with Wizard 84s

mikegatward

I'm selling my 1996/97 MIM Jazz. It's black bodied, rosewood neck, b/w/b scatchplate and has been upgraded with Wizard Eighty-Fours. There's also a DiMarzio clickstrap fitted which I'm happy to leave on.

The body has some scratches and scuffs on the bottom under the control plate and on the upper edge. Also the neck has some dings and nicks in it.I've done my best to photo the affected areas

Am asking[s] £240 [/s]£220 ono for this Jazz which has served me well. I'm out of spare cases and gigbags so would prefer local collection. Alternatively, I travel over to Manchester regularly so can meet up over there.

Can now offer postage at buyers expense as I've obtained a couple of boxes recently

Would consider trade plus cash your way for a MIJ Jazz or Precision if maple necked or an old Tokai

Heres the piccie link - [url="http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/mikegatward/MIM%20Jazz/"]http://s1126.photobu...ard/MIM%20Jazz/[/url]

Edited by mikegatward

• 3 weeks later...

Still available

Done some homework on Fender forums re. the black label question.

[size=4][i]The black label was used by Fender Mexico for a limited time only between 1993 and 1998. It can be found exclusively on the rather short lived mexican “Traditional” series for the Precision Bass. The guitars with the black label consisted mostly of overstock american made Fender necks and bodies. The parts were shipped to Mexico for assembly with mexican made pickups and far eastern hardware and electronics. [/i][/size]

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1331814286' post='1579257']
Still available

Done some homework on Fender forums re. the black label question.

[size=4][i]The black label was used by Fender Mexico for a limited time only between 1993 and 1998. It can be found exclusively on the rather short lived mexican “Traditional” series for the Precision Bass. The guitars with the black label consisted mostly of overstock american made Fender necks and bodies. The parts were shipped to Mexico for assembly with mexican made pickups and far eastern hardware and electronics. [/i][/size]
[/quote]

Surely that means you're getting a bass made with American parts, for a snip over £200? Bargain!

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1332327688' post='1586594']
I'll check tonight on the nut width. Not sure I have accurate scales but will have a try.

I'm also in Wakefield if you want to try it out :-)
[/quote]

Bollocks, just down the road!

Ooh, that is quite nice and I am on the lookout for a decent back up. I am oop north Easter saturday to watch the mighty Huddersfield Town put Sheff Wed to the sword so if it's not been snapped up I may well come have a play. My folks live in Horbury, which bit o' wakey are you in?