Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 Walnutburst

MarkMcK

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1358706890' post='1943746']
I now own one of these and i must say it looks awesome in the flesh very classy looking and this particular one sounds awesome.
[/quote]

Awesome, I'm hopefully getting mine this weekend! Been GASing after this for months! The finish looks lovely, very sophisticated as it seems to still have a nicely visible grain and a cracking blend in the tones of the walnut! Cannot wait to get mine!

Great finish james, go for it mate, i have had just about every colour 4003, this is my fav now it is just classy looking, pictures dont do it any justice at all. and if you get one that sounds like the one i have you will be a happy man .you get a certificate with the bass stating one of 25 made. with your serial number. cheers let me know you get it mate.

[quote name='Godber' timestamp='1329777199' post='1547327']
The "specials" last year were a selection of guitars for the opening of Guitar Guitar in Epsom (I think). It was a load of very high priced top end guitars - the 381 and 325 re-issues etc. Nothing different as such, but selected especially for the store opening by the company.

The Japanese RIC distributors requested specials too for their anniversary last year - the got some very nice white with CB 4003s.

[/quote]

I had a very rare 4001 like this a few years ago. The CB was actually 'reverse', in that black was more prominent than the white. I eventually sold to a guy in Germany but not before those clowns over at RRF had it marked down as a 'fake'.

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1358821408' post='1945714']
Great finish james, go for it mate, i have had just about every colour 4003, this is my fav now it is just classy looking, pictures dont do it any justice at all. and if you get one that sounds like the one i have you will be a happy man .you get a certificate with the bass stating one of 25 made. with your serial number. cheers let me know you get it mate.
[/quote]

Oh that's fantastic then! It really looks good, been saving for it since about November aha Put the 10% deposit down on it yesterday for collection from the Epsom store and collecting it as soon as they get it from Newcastle, there's only a few left now! I'm so excited, this week is gonna be murder waiting for it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,
I picked up one of these last month and i've got to agree with some of the above comments - they're much classier looking in the flesh! The finish on the back - make a beautiful coffee table...

So, if there are only 25 of these around, how many owners have we got here?

[quote name='funky8884' timestamp='1329489947' post='1543282']
Interesting, but I love my Midnight Blue.

Anyone played a Rick 4003 FL ?
[/quote]
My first ric was a 4003 FL. Major disappointment as my mim jazz fretless was more playable. It was the start of an expensive journey to discover that ric and i didnt get on.
Gorgeous to look at. Not for me to play though.

• 1 month later...

Trying it without the cover for a change. Nice treble bezel from Ricky Sounds installed, with integrated thumbrest:

[IMG]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y440/iamtheelvy/2013-03-19174533_zps65505e3e.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y440/iamtheelvy/2013-03-19174612_zpsbb3fbe8a.jpg[/IMG]

• 1 year later...

FYI, my Walnutburst is in active service in our band and the tone, sound and looks have garnered some really positive feedback! really powerful though and blasts through the PA, so need to be delicate when swapping basses mid set. Only alterations made were the installation of a chrome pick holder and a D - Extender.. have retained the pup cover

It's a magnificent bass and a future classic, I reckon!?