Why become a member? ×

Possibly the most efficient bass line ever?

Kiwi

Just heard this one in the car as I went food shopping:

I can't remember ever hearing a simpler bass line (the number of notes, not the variety). Can anyone post a youtube clip of an even simpler arrangement?

Good stuff, don't forget we're talking the actual smallest total number of notes played though the song, not the variety. So 1 note per bar counts more than 4 notes I still think Montego Bay is up there, but Peekaboo seems to have the lead at the moment.

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='171695' date='Apr 7 2008, 07:24 PM']"spy in the cab" by Bauhaus the single note on the bass sounds like a tuned drum

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUfUTV1JqU4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUfUTV1JqU4[/url][/quote]
There are 5 notes in that! A slide at 2:16, followed by E, D, C, B (well, maybe... I wasn't paying THAT much attention)

[quote]\"spy in the cab\" by Bauhaus the single note on the bass sounds like a tuned drum

[/quote]

[quote]There are 5 notes in that! A slide at 2:16, followed by E, D, C, B (well, maybe... I wasn\'t paying THAT much attention)[/quote]
LOL, I was wondering how long it would be until someone mentioned Bauhaus. :)

Nice work Sirs!

(Tsk, get your tags sorted though :huh: )

[quote name='Beedster' post='171909' date='Apr 7 2008, 11:15 PM']Everyday People by S&tFS. If I am not too drunk to remember corectly, it's one note the whoe way through....[/quote]

Obviously i was i a worse state of inebriation, i just couldn't think of the song title despite singing it to myself :blush: