Why become a member? ×

Abbey Rd

jakenewmanbass

Had a nice day at Abbey Rd, I was along to meet a guy working there as my mate (Andy Treacey) was doing a drum session for him... I will be doing some things with him hopefully too.
Elliott Randall came down to play a bit of gtr, and I even bumped into Paul McCartney in the corridor...
Sorry for the name drop but it's been a bit of a day
[attachment=98735:IMG_0567.JPG]
[attachment=98736:IMG_0570.jpg]

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1327970599' post='1519847']
Had a nice day at Abbey Rd, I was along to meet a guy working there as my mate (Andy Treacey) was doing a drum session for him... I will be doing some things with him hopefully too.
Elliott Randall came down to play a bit of gtr, and I even bumped into Paul McCartney in the corridor...
[attachment=98735:IMG_0567.JPG]
[attachment=98736:IMG_0570.jpg]
[/quote]

If you do the session in abbey road and you need a roadie...... ;) sounds like a great day jake!

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1327970599' post='1519847']
[/quote]

Sorry? Are you kidding!

If I'd spent the day in Abbey Road Studios, even just to sweep the floor (which is probably the only reason they'd let me in :lol: ) I'd be posting all over BC . . . even without bumping into Macca.

• 3 months later...

Another days recording at Abbey Rd... much fun was had, I took my son along to the session he's a very keen 13 year old drummer and the artist very kindly asked him to play some cymbal rolls for the track I was playing on, he excelled and did me proud...! he got paid and will get an album credit. I said to him, your next gig will have to be on Mars to top that!!

Me on upright
[attachment=108955:photo.JPG]

(No idea why the rotation is as it is... it wasn't as I was uploading!!)

My boy at the desk
[attachment=108953:IMG_0633.jpg]

Him doing his stuff
[attachment=108951:IMG_0640.jpg]

The artist Noah Francis and Kelly Le Roc (bvs)
[attachment=108952:IMG_0635.JPG]

Edited by jakenewmanbass

Jake, does Marcus Bonfanti have any involvement with this guy? I've seen his name crop up before through conversations, friends of friends etc.

Superb pics by the way, what I'd do to record in somewhere as prestigious as Abbey Road!

Edited by risingson

I have never actually recorded in Abbey Road, although I have been there a couple of times to watch some friends recording in there.
We didnt actually go in through those famous doors though, we had to enter by the tradesmans entrance on the left hand side of the building down an alleyway. :unsure:
They did record in the famous studio 2, which was a bit smaller than i expected.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1338251193' post='1671775']
Jake, does Marcus Bonfanti have any involvement with this guy? I've seen his name crop up before through conversations, friends of friends etc.
[/quote]
Yes mate, Marcus was on the session yesterday, what a lovely guy and player, and yes we discussed the fact that we both used to live in Liverpool...!
[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1338251193' post='1671775']
Superb pics by the way, what I'd do to record in somewhere as prestigious as Abbey Road!
[/quote]
I'm a very very lucky boy and I know it.

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1338282730' post='1671952']
Yes mate, Marcus was on the session yesterday, what a lovely guy and player, and yes we discussed the fact that we both used to live in Liverpool...!
[/quote]

Marcus is a really nice guy and a great player too. He came and jammed with us after one of his gigs in Liverpool a month or two back. Small world :)

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1338288443' post='1672064']
Marcus is a really nice guy and a great player too. He came and jammed with us after one of his gigs in Liverpool a month or two back. Small world :)
[/quote]
I've jammed with Marcus when playing in the house band for an late night jam session at a blues festival, and will hopefully being doing the same over the weekend at the Hebden Bridge Blues Festival :)

Great bloke and a very nice player.....

Edited by peteb