Why become a member? ×

Manchester Bass Lounge

TheGreek

I found this link at the bottom of an eBay page - they've got some really interesting gear..

[url="http://manchesterbasslounge.com/?gclid=CJ7ys5PJ8q0CFYsntAodrnf1uw"]http://manchesterbasslounge.com/?gclid=CJ7ys5PJ8q0CFYsntAodrnf1uw[/url]

Anybody know anything about them??

I think its called the bass [i]lounge [/i]because it litterally is in someones lounge! Fortunately for the neighbours, their house is detached! :) Good luck to them. Never heard of them though. anyone else ?

Edited by daz

Im going over there tomorrow night for a look at a few of the Fenders. They've been really helpfull so far over the phone and emails so ill report back tomorrow with my findings. Me thinks ill be like a kid in a sweet shop - the fact they buy basses and/or part ex plus being local could make this a very dangerous find! :)

There was a Thread on NWB's about them -

[url="http://nwb.co/blog/post/36638/alyerpal/now-if-only"]http://nwb.co/blog/post/36638/alyerpal/now-if-only[/url]

The week they opened they had some serious bargains bass wise in most cases even cheaper than on here, Hope it takes off.

Righty oh then.....Went to the bass lounge last night. Walked in a i think my exact words were something along the lines of ''Faaaaaaaaaarkin 'ell''. Never have i seen such an amazing and vast collection of pre-owned basses in all my life. Vintage jazz's, P's, Rickenbacker, Sandbergs, a lovely Peavey T, Overwater, Squier.....just an amazing collection (plus coffee to die for!). I had pre-arranged with Drew which bass i wanted to have a good look at and he had it all ready and cleaned up. Before i even got to my bass i just drooled over the stock (in particular a 76 Jazz bass from Mark Coyles studio - Oasis techy person). Had a good long chat on the sofa's about basses, amps, gramma pads etc etc. Let me plug some basses into his SVT Pro7 and barefaced cab.....jut an amazing customer experience. Not only did he offer me a good part ex deal on my bass he had taken time to fully study and write down all the prices he'd seen for my bass and fully explained how he'd come to his valuation.

Id recomend a visit to any BCer, just beware that (like me) if this place is local it could be VERY dangerous!!!! Cant speak highly enough of the place!

Hi there everyone,

I'm Big Dan from MBL, and I maintain the website for Drew and will be acting as roadie at our upcoming shows! I came across this thread, and just wanted to thank you all for your kind comments.
Any questions or enquiries, please do get in contact (details on our main page www.manchesterbasslounge.com).

Hope to meet you all soon, many thanks.
Big Dan

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Times New Roman"]Just speaking to Drew at MBL. He's thinking of holding the occasional saturday afternoon bass forum - basically getting 3 or 4 bass players up there for a couple of hours to play basses, talk basses, drink coffee etc etc. He wants to hear what players think/want/need so that he can start to shape their intake of future basses. [/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Times New Roman"]He's very opposed to coming on here an promoting his own business which is fair enough. I honestly have no connection to MBL other than a satisfied customer so i said id mention it on here to guage interest and see what people think[/font][/color][/size]