Why become a member? ×

Fender P Bass '54 Pink Paisley (photos up)

Riki9

Hello all,

I haven't played, or immersed myself in the world of bass forums, for some time. Please be gentle with me.

I am currently considering selling my '54 reissue Japanese P-Bass and was wondering what the interest in this model currently was. From what I can tell, they don't seem to come up for sale very often. I have a figure in my head but wanted to hear the thoughts of some more knowledgeable folks on this.

If there is demand, I will get some pictures uploaded ASAP. The bass itself is in good condition. However, it has been stored for the past three years with only three strings so I suspect it will need a good set-up.

Finally, I am based in East Yorkshire. Anybody wishing to see the instrument in person should feel free to contact me at ss10rs at leeds dot ac dot uk

Thanks everyone

Edited by Riki9

Hello,

Thanks for the swift replies.

Will - Apologies. Admittedly, my post was made quickly and without first reading the rules. Jacqueslemac is on the right track with his thinking there. Any price I named right now would be somewhat arbitrary. Once again, apologies if this isn't acceptable. I have scoured the internet for sales of this model, though not many are to be found and prices seem to vary a bit.

Also, I should mention - I did check the neck stamp against the Fender site several years. If I recall rightly, this particular bass was made in 1994.

[quote name='Riki9' timestamp='1327689500' post='1515516']
I am intending on uploading pictures and naming a price later this evening or tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I am open to offers and questions via PM or email.

Thanks.
[/quote]

That's fair does mate (and I know you are a noobie :D ) but the forum rules are that you need to clearly state a price on your thread if it is in the sale section, rather than invite offers.

Would you be interested in a trade for my Hagstrom plus some cash -- for your 54 P-bass?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165839-trade-feeler-hagstrom-viking-for-sterling-sub-or-sb14/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165839-trade-feeler-hagstrom-viking-for-sterling-sub-or-sb14/[/url]

Will.

Yeh --We are all waiting for Pics!

Slight concern about it being stored for 3 years with only 3 strings, Its a strong possibility that it will have pulled a twist in the neck after all that time!

Does it look straight visually?

As requested;

Apologies for the gratuitous pyjama bottoms shot!

Zero buckle rash. Hope the third pic gives an idea as to the condition of the neck. I would be glad to take more pictures on request.

Thanks

Edited by Riki9