Why become a member? ×

MXR GAS madness!!!

Ghost_Bass

Well, after a long list of pedals i've settled on this board:
[attachment=98280:pedalboard.jpg]
(signal chain from right to left)

The Proton arrived to take my GR's place and reduce the size of the board but he's not up to the (huge) task he was required to do so i've decided to try the MXR M82 Envelope Filter that was for sale on the sales forum. Here's where the things got complicated... whilst scouting the net for info and reviews of this pedal i've come across the rest of the MXR's bass innovations range and i liked the look of the fuzz and compressor pedals... i now have serious GAS for an all-MXR setup! Something like this:
[attachment=98281:board.jpg]
(now, if they were to build a tuner...)

I'm hopping that someone will talk some sense into me and stop me from spending more money on those little magic boxes...

Cheers

I would totally love to have a complete mxr board, but the only issue for me is that I'm not a big fan of fuzz ( although the fuzz does sound worth trying), and would prefer to have a overdrive.
I did email Dunlop last year and asked if they had plans for a bass overdrive but was told that they recommended the pork loin.
I already have one but it didn't do it for me.

The other pedals you have there are great

haaa - pedals are a sickness. i was in the same boat a while back when for a brief time i seriously wanted a colour-coordinated board :)

hide your bank card for a few days, i'm sure the mxr cravings will wear off. i don't know the first thing about compressors, but you have a cracking fuzz and filter already!

I respect the MXR comp and octave, and I actually like their bass envelope filter,
but their fuzzes just don't cut it for me.. :unsure:

But if you're really into an all-MXR board, then you should probably get a TC Electronic Polytune,
it fits with the theme better! :D

Yep, your missing the envelope filter ;) Thats my fav for sure.

I'm using Korg pitchblack-MXR Octave-MXR Envelope- Boss Ceb3 Chorus.
I have never really figured out the compressor thing, I had one built into my TC head, but just ended up turning it off.. I just try play evenly with my fingers.. unless I'm not hearing it!

If you're planning on getting the MXR gear then I'll buy your Pickle Pie B and the 3Leaf pedal.....as has been said, they are probably the best fuzz and filter pedals around.....

MXR Octave and Compressor pedals are very good but not sure about the others.....I tried them all and ended up with only the Octave Deluxe as it has the best tracking of any Octave pedal around....only reason I didn't get the compressor is that it's hard to beat my Rothwell Love Squeeze for simplicity, low noise level and the fact it doesn't colour my tone....

[quote name='Geester' timestamp='1327776031' post='1516666']
If you're planning on getting the MXR gear then I'll buy your Pickle Pie B and the 3Leaf pedal.....as has been said, they are probably the best fuzz and filter pedals around.....

MXR Octave and Compressor pedals are very good but not sure about the others.....I tried them all and ended up with only the Octave Deluxe as it has the best tracking of any Octave pedal around....only reason I didn't get the compressor is that it's hard to beat my Rothwell Love Squeeze for simplicity, low noise level and the fact it doesn't colour my tone....
[/quote]

Thanks for all the replies... you're not helping with my GAS and my bank account though... :lol:

If i decide to sell any of those pedals i'll send you a message ;)

Cheers

Really like my MXR Octave Deluxe but now I have a multi-effects unit it's a bit of a luxury so I'm moving it on but plan to put the money towards an MXR compressor which seems the closest you can get to a rack compressor in a pedal.