Why become a member? ×

Musicman SUB 4

fez_157

There is a slight problem with the photograph you have posted of the body of 'your' bass. The photograph is in fact of my bass which is still is a cherished part of my own collection. This photograph can be seen on the Musicman Serial Number website: [url="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/mycustompage0001.htm"]http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019...ompage0001.htm[/url] The photograph of the head of the bass is not mine so I couldn't possibly comment. You have already stated fairly that the demo clip is not your bass. Perhaps a photograph of your own instrument would help your sale.

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1327416506' post='1510860']
There is a slight problem with the photograph you have posted of the body of 'your' bass. The photograph is in fact of my bass which is still is a cherished part of my own collection. This photograph can be seen on the Musicman Serial Number website: [url="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/mycustompage0001.htm"]http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019...ompage0001.htm[/url] The photograph of the head of the bass is not mine so I couldn't possibly comment. You have already stated fairly that the demo clip is not your bass. Perhaps a photograph of your own instrument would help your sale.
[/quote]

:D
Haha this clears things up very nicely for me Hutts because that headstock pic is the headstock of my old SUB. I was looking over my old pics and it was driving me nuts as the neck grain as seen in the body pic is wrong.... and has the wrong pg... also mine was passive... but I did shield it out (which is a very unusual thing as these 'buckers don't need it... I was just being fancy :D) and the dings are in the right place.

The mods may want to look into this noobs account this handle has a trail a mile wide over the net .... some of it might be haxor :ph34r: ... appologies if I'm wrong.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/1194-ou7shined/"][color="#282828"]Ou7shined[/color][/url], who do you think you are? i would hope you will find me on the internet as im a website desigener and own 6 companys, i think you better keep your thoughts to yourself unless you want to end up in court, and for your information in not a noob unlike you! get your facts right before you go saying things like that!

Website designer eh? You ought to know better than taking photographs you did not create without their permission then. Can you understand how it looks suspicious? You've replaced the pics, problem solved, calm your sensitive self down. Flying off the handle at the slightest provocation does nothing to strengthen your position. You may have been around for years, but you're the "noob" here on this forum and your behaviour isn't helping you look like a person I'd like to do business with.

Edited by neepheid

Fez-157, probably wasn't the best idea to use other people's pictures for your first advert without saying before hand! I see that you were able to edit your post, which was a wise move. Any way, to help ensure there are no more misunderstandings, it's probably best to post your own 'photos in future. We have a very close knit community of bass players across the UK, so although it's easy to find pictures of UK basses on the net.. They probably belong to BassChat members as you've found out.

As always, Caveat Emptor, try before you buy.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1327514161' post='1512726']
Website designer eh? You ought to know better than taking photographs you did not create without their permission then. Can you understand how it looks suspicious? You've replaced the pics, problem solved, calm your sensitive self down. Flying off the handle at the slightest provocation does nothing to strengthen your position. You may have been around for years, but you're the "noob" here on this forum and your behaviour isn't helping you look like a person I'd like to do business with.
[/quote]

Well yes, but we also don't want to create cliques - or alienate newcomers by the sort of tone we use ;)

[quote name='fez_157' timestamp='1327511157' post='1512634']
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/1194-ou7shined/"][color=#282828]Ou7shined[/color][/url], who do you think you are? i would hope you will find me on the internet as im a website desigener and own 6 companys, i think you better keep your thoughts to yourself unless you want to end up in court, and for your information in not a noob unlike you! get your facts right before you go saying things like that!
[/quote]

Now that you've had the amazing good fortune to sell this bass mere hours after it came up (noobs don't often get this lucky, especially when their first impression isn't, shall we say as good as it could have been) and this is no longer a FS thread I am at liberty to answer your question.

Who do I think I am?

Well firstly for the purposes of this thread, I'm an establish forum member with a post count of nearing 6.5k. You are a new today with a post count yet to reach double figures... which in anyone's book equates to [b]noob[/b].
Now I'm not a big internet tycoon like yourself obviously but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Secondly, apart from the fact that you yourself drew me into this thread by attempting to pass off a picture of my old bass as your own, I was merely a guy keeping an eye out for my forum. In the past this site has had numerous attacks from bots signing up and spamming the boards. Subsequently as a sort of front-line response us members like to assist the mods, who obviously can't be everywhere at once by drawing their attention to any such suspicious noob activity. In this case I myself didn't report this thread but I am aware that others did.
As a heavyweight web-designer I'm sure you've seen this kind of collective response before and would applaud any tight-knit community assisting it's admins.

Thirdly, I did apologise in advance if my suspicions were wrong, although your threatening reaction toward me almost makes me wish I hadn't shown such a consideration. Besides as I said before, I wasn't the only one who though that this thread and the web results for 'fez_157' were suspicious.
One would think a bigwig entrepreneur like yourself would appreciate this and use his keen perceptive powers see it from our side and not flip out in such a manner... but hey with 6 busy companies to run your mind was probably on something else.

Finally I am a guy who's not even remotely impressed by your 6 companies (correct spelling btw) and their CEO who threatens to sue people on the internet for calling him something as benign as "noob" ... even though he calls them one back. :rolleyes:

I hope this answered your question mate.
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you won't be a noob here for long. :)