Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Brand new set of Kolstein Heritage Strings- £100 inc P&P

I've somehow managed to end up with 2 sets of Kolstein Heritage Strings!

There were imported from the US a few days back and are totally new and unused. Here's the spec:

[url="http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/2304-KOLSTEIN_HERITAGE_UPRIGHT_BASS_STRINGS.html"]http://www.gollihurm...SS_STRINGS.html[/url]

I'm looking for £100 inc P&P for these.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Hey Owen, from the website:

[i]Three years of research and development with the highest attention to creating the first [b]Perlon, synthetic core[/b] Bass String that offers the player the wonderful feel and tension of gut strings, but emulates the best arco and pizzicato tonal qualities of the finest steel orchestral or jazz string. [/i]

These are bazzing strings! That was Clarky, not the website

You mean I could have researched that myself? Now there is a concept!

Why do I have this insatiable itch to try new things all the time? I am happy with my Innovation Honeys but prefered the lower tension on the Innovation Rockabillys but they bow like ...... Ugh. Could anyone put any context on comparative tensions? Obv they will be gone by the time I decide anything :)

I see the Kolsteins as similar in tension to Silver Slaps (maybe marginally higher tension) and certainly the lowest tension of any steel strings I have tried. Very smooth finish too - hence TI flat comparison. These are yummy, Owen.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1327014085' post='1505394'] I am happy with my Innovation Honeys but prefered the lower tension on the Innovation Rockabillys but they bow like ...... Ugh. [/quote]

I thought the Rockabillys where the same tension as the Honeys, just black. Does the braided core make that much difference?

(sorry for the hijack)