Why become a member? ×

Spector NS5XL Sale or Trade *SOLD*

SammyDamacy

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Hello all![/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]...........Basically I'm in need of some cash to buy some more instruments ([s]piano and[/s] an electric drum kit) and so I've finally come to the conclusion that I could probably live with a bass that isn't as beautifully fantastic as this one.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Dear me. The Specs are:[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Neck Thru, 35" scale, Solid AAAA Maple body (walnut stained), twin EMG-40DC pickups and 18v active electronics.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]It has a graphite reinforced 3pc rock maple satin finish neck, 24 fret Pau Ferro fingerboard with lovely abalone Spector inlays. Gold hardware, including Spector solid brass locking bridge and Schaller tuners.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]The serial number is 109 and her birthday is 18/12/03! (As American Spectors are hand made by Mr Stuart Spector they have this info on the back of the headstock, I'm not crazy).[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Action is ridiculously low, and plays like a dream. Literally plays itself. The bass is very versatile and have used her for a number of different genres, no matter what gig I always get the "Wow, your bass sounds incredible!" sometimes followed by a "What Warwick is that?". No.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]She is in amazing condition, a few blemishes on the bottom by the jack, I've tried to highlight this in a photo but it's not obvious.[/size][/font]

This bass retails for [b]$5999[/b] (taken from Spector's price sheet) which roughly converts to [b]£4000.[/b]

[b]Based on this, I'd be looking for [s]£2500[/s] £1900 ono.[/b]

Although I'm selling her so that I can get other instruments, I would ideally still like a nice bass too, so I'm open to part trade and part cash, but I ideally need at least [s]£800 -£1000 cash to buy the kit and piano[/s] £350+, so if you have any offers buy all means ask me, stupid questions will get stupid answers :ph34r:

I really like Status S2's, [s]Warwick thumb or Euro Spectors[/s] or anything else, try me,whatever it is it needs to be a 5/6 string.

[b]Has been pointed out and now confirmed that the A string tuning peg is slightly damaged. You can see this in the 6th picture down (headstock). This does not affect the bass what so ever, the peg is a bit tight but nothing else. Due to this looking at a reduced £1900, mainly looking for a bass + cash though please.[/b]

Cheers all :yarr:

Edited by SammyDamacy

[quote name='nobody's prefect' timestamp='1326882719' post='1503089']
Ah, so this is the bass that's better than the limited edition redwood top one I sold here?

Must be one of the best fivers around, because even that bass was fantastic, fabulous etc... But it didn't have six strings, so it had to go.
[/quote]

I'd say more 'different' than 'better' - the redwood one was gorgeous but just too heavy (for me anyway!) to gig with. I think this one has more of a range of tones as well, the redwood had one particularly nice focussed tone to my ears whereas this one has maybe a few more options. :)

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' timestamp='1326830928' post='1502581']
And Molan got it from me!

Really lovely bass, good luck with the sale... (I'm tempted to have it back!)
[/quote]

I remember when you were selling her originally and I wanted her so bad, but definitely couldn't afford her! There's a great amount of me that really doesn't want to get rid of her!

...........But sometimes these things have to happen!

[quote name='nobody's prefect' timestamp='1326882719' post='1503089']
Ah, so this is the bass that's better than the limited edition redwood top one I sold here?

Must be one of the best fivers around, because even that bass was fantastic, fabulous etc... But it didn't have six strings, so it had to go.
[/quote]

I would very much love a 6 string, another reason to move her on.

• 2 weeks later...