Why become a member? ×

iron ether pedals

GazWills

i ordered a frantabit direct from Taylor through the IE website - no issues, sent within a week in my hands a week or so later. A few extra quid obviously in customs. Dead easy. Taylor seems friendly and happy to discuss needs.

Frantabit was too much for me but I have my eye on IE pedals for the future as they are pretty immense.

Edited by RichF

Agreed. I ordered a Xerograph deluxe a while back and it took two weeks to arrive, had to pay the £20 or so duty, but can't really grumble too much about that!

Taylor is a dude and has tolerated my 'ummm... Talk me through this again, Taylor?' emails remarkably well. I love the pedal and would happily buy from them again.

I've been meaning to order a Frantabit because my Bugcrusher is my favourite pedal by a mile and it couldn't hurt to have a bitcrusher in the same box. I haven't really had a need for more pedals lately but new band on the horizon so he might be getting an email. :)

His fuzz and filter look cool but I'm all set for fuzzes and filters. Maybe a basic Xerograph would be handy for the end of my chain though.

Nah mate, just get the Xero Deluxe and downsize on some of the soon to be redundant filters that you have on your board currently.
I'm just planting seeds.
Ignore me.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/145682-iron-ether-joy/page__p__1303889__hl__iron%20ether__fromsearch__1#entry1303889

Edited by Wud

[quote name='Wud' timestamp='1326411889' post='1497069']
Nah mate, just get the Xero Deluxe and downsize on some of the soon to be redundant filters that you have on your board currently.
I'm just planting seeds.
Ignore me.[/quote]

:)

I have an Octavius Squeezer that I use for most filter duties, it does everything except treadle control and it does it well and has patch memory, so I don't need all the gizmos on the Deluxe.

Before I got the Squeezer I was using a Meatwad and while it did everything (and did it well) the lack of memory meant it was a bit of a pain live. The O.S. made it obsolete.

• 3 weeks later...

... and yesterday I got an Oxide in the post. It is blinding, really fat and heavy even without getting too deep into it. It pairs up right nicely with the Xerograph too.

I'll be doing some recording with it next week so I'll stick a sample of the IE twins up in a band setting if people are interested?

[quote name='Pob' timestamp='1328319016' post='1525619']
... and yesterday I got an Oxide in the post. It is blinding, really fat and heavy even without getting too deep into it. It pairs up right nicely with the Xerograph too.

I'll be doing some recording with it next week so I'll stick a sample of the IE twins up in a band setting if people are interested?
[/quote]

DOoooo it!!!

• 1 month later...

I have to update this:-

I was fancying a Xenograph - so emailed Taylor tonight. 2 mins later I had an email back from him. Absolutely amazing service!
He answered everything I asked and has been a total gent!

I now have a toy on the way.

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1330985521' post='1565980']
Oh, if only I didn't need a decent amp so I could buy meself a Xero/Oxide combo.. :(
[/quote]

My amp plans are put on hold for the next 6 months or so. :( Unless some kind sole wants to buy my power amp/speakers/pt2 hahaha :P

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1330985624' post='1565986']
My amp plans are put on hold for the next 6 months or so. :( Unless some kind sole wants to buy my power amp/speakers/pt2 hahaha :P
[/quote]
I'm gonna have my first gig this month or next month (if things work out) so I need a better amp than my current Frontman that has random volume changes.. :unsure:
But then! I can finally start my journey.. :D

• 3 months later...

I just got my Oxide this week and after playing it through my rig for the first time today I am mightily impressed. Next mission, (should the Oxide choose to accept it :P) is band practice on saturday. Will report back with band mix experience (2 guitars, drums, vox) ASAP!