Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1100s 1986 MIJ NEW PRICE £330 **SOLD**

Jigster

Made In Japan, an 80's example of the BB range. Not the current range as made elsewhere.

To the bass...

It has a natural finish, not sure of the body wood tbh, I thought swamp ash, but some others on here not so sure.

Having said that, this bass is in great nick for its age, a few very minor dinks. Lovely ageing going on.

Has P and J pick up config - with an active circuit that offers bass/mid/treb - cut and boost.

Or just use as passive.

Nice creamy tones or rangy P bass tone. Lots of guts to it, plenty of power.

And superb Japanese craftsmanship as you expect from basses of this era.

To my knowledge, all parts are stock.

Reason for selling if so good? I personally find the body shape a little big.

[attachment=96661:IMG_0982.jpg][attachment=96662:IMG_0983.jpg][attachment=96667:IMG_0977.jpg][attachment=96664:IMG_1459.jpg][attachment=96666:IMG_0976.jpg]

There is daylight playing on the surface of the bass, so ignore that, it's not any marking of any kind. These pics give a good sense of the lustre of te finish - it's really impressive.

Can post as buyer's extra cost, but [b]there is no case, only soft bag[/b]. Or can meet up within reasonable distance for petrol money.

Edited by Jigster

I had one of these, bought new, in 1987, for £500. Yep, £500 back then, which was a lot of money, considering a pint was less than a pound.

Anyway, fantastic basses, can be used passive or active, and real workhorses. I must have done between 500 - 1000 gigs on mine, with no backup. Never had any problems. If it weren`t for severe lack of dough, I`d take this for the nostalgia factor.

Whoever gets this will be very happy indeed.

I had to look to see if mine was still in the room, identical. What's the serial number? Has to have one of the best necks I've ever played. Lovely P bass sound too. I might be wrong but I think the body was made from Alder. Have a bump anyway.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1325538991' post='1484241']
Between the BB1100S, your '80 Roadster and your '81 Blazer, you own three of the landmark basses in my early playing career! I toured all over the world with my BB... a wonderful bass. Best of luck with the sale.
[/quote]

sounds great! I do think they're amazing basses, so solid and well made. The Roadster is a beauty, with a gorgeous figured maple cap -

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1325388428' post='1482774']hi noel, from the person I bought it from <_< please fill me in on your take on it :)[/quote]
Body should be alder (specifically, sieboldiana). Touchboard should be rosewood (generally, East Indian). Information from an '85 Yamaha technical sheet (LOM04SN28).