Why become a member? ×

Amplitube. Anyone use it,is it worth trying?

M-N-Y

I have Amplitube 2, Ampeg SVX and Markbass Studio 1 which I've collected when there have been special offers. All are great for messing about with. However I principally use them for recording and whenever I've done any serious recording of both bass and guitar I've found myself rejecting all of these after much tweaking, and using more conventional plug-in EQ and compression.

I've found that I just can't get a sound I'm happy with out of these amp modellers. I wouldn't buy them again. I won't be upgrading to Amplitube 3 either. My money best spent elsewhere. Best try a demo first to see if you're going to be happy with Amplitube etc.

Theres been a few threads on here about Amplitube and the others apps like this.

IMO none come close to the quality of something like a Korg Pandora, but I guess it's more for convince over quality. Im still not happy with the fact that Amplitube requires you to import your music tracks so it can convert them, the GK apps doesnt need to do this and for me that makes it easier and quicker to use
Having tried a few, and preferring the GK app I've realised it's not the app but the interface that makes the most difference.

I tried one of the interfaces that use the 30pin connector over Christmas and it sounded much better than my iRig. I also found the amps in GarageBand on my iPhone/pad sound nicer to my ears than the specific bass apps.

EDIT: my post is based on the word "app" in the OP. sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick and it's computer programs being asked about. If so ignore the above.

Edited by dave_bass5

I have Amplitube 3 on my Macbook, and when I don't want to record anything (I use Garageband for that) I use it.
Though, I usually turn amplitube off, with the on/off button in the program itself.
So I have no amplifiers to choose from. Just the plain sound that comes out of the bass amplified as clean as can be.