Why become a member? ×

TECH SOUNDSYSTEMS TVM 600, NT 2X10 special combo & 2X12 cab

MacDaddy

here's a shot with my old sub to provided some perspective

TECH SOUNDSYSYEMS NT 2X10 special, originally made for Tom [i]'Squarepusher' [/i]Jenkinson (allegedly the smallest 2x10 ever made!)

TVM 600 head in the combo upgraded on the treble to give an extra 6db of boost at 11khz, 600w RMS @ 2ohm. Combo runs at 4ohms.

Cab = CT 2X12 fitted with Neo B+C drivers to give 1000 watts RMS @ 4ohms. Total 1900 watts on speakers.

Even has a cool blue light strip! Edited by MacDaddy

a bit of history...

I had a PJB rig - The Dalek - but then I got a new car. Although the car was bigger, it was a saloon, so access to the boot was smaller and my PJB rig wouldn't fit. I bought the above set up as it nicely fitted in the boot.

The combo is great on it's own for rehearsals and small gigs. It can handle 5 and 6 strings for rehearsals, but needs to the cab for gigging volumes.

I last gigged it over 3 years ago, since then it's been sat in a bedroom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1327691954' post='1515571']
Now, if you posted a price, you could then maybe bargain with readies for the guitar you wanted. Just a thought....
[/quote]

Now, if you posted a price, you could then maybe bargain with readies for the car you wanted. Just another thought....

• 1 month later...

This has to be the most frustrating for sale thread on here at the moment :lol: Well, for me at least.
I'd love the 212 as I'm sure would the other guys who have posted.
You'd have no problem selling these for a price then just buy a car with the cash, you'll only get a clunker if you trade for a car, it'll be no end of trouble and a money pit for sure.
Be more trouble than it's worth I reckon.
Come on, put a cash price on 'em.
B)

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1340139288' post='1699915']
This has to be the most frustrating for sale thread on here at the moment :lol: Well, for me at least.
I'd love the 212 as I'm sure would the other guys who have posted.
You'd have no problem selling these for a price then just buy a car with the cash, you'll only get a clunker if you trade for a car, it'll be no end of trouble and a money pit for sure.
Be more trouble than it's worth I reckon.
Come on, put a cash price on 'em.
B)
[/quote]

but then I'd still be left with the combo, and by the time it sold, money from the cab sale would have been long gone! ;)

I'm lucky as I'm not selling because I have to, so can hold out for a trade for the full rig.

Thanks for taking that in the spirit it was written B)
I meant put a price up for each tho', I'm sure they'd either sell together or seperate, a similar Tech setup sold to two different people a few weeks back.
Still, a great set up for anyone I'm sure, you gotta love Tech !
B)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1363198444' post='2009695']
Hang on in, if I was'nt such an old git and could actually carry this rig I'd have bought a banger and done a swap years ago.....
[/quote]

The cab is very light, and the combo not as heavy as you might think.

I've removed my posts refering to trades as I'm holding out for a sale.

• 1 month later...