Why become a member? ×

Mistahbenn's babes

mistahbenn

Here are my beauties, all that I could ever ask for in tone and funkability. All classic in their own right, and they sound and feel great! especially the P! Really light and just fits like a glove. NEVER GONNA BUY A NEW BASS AGAIN.

Here we have a 1973 Jazz and Precision and a 1995 Stingray 5.

• 7 months later...

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='166417' date='Mar 30 2008, 05:17 PM']Here are my beauties, all that I could ever ask for in tone and funkability. All classic in their own right, and they sound and feel great! especially the P! Really light and just fits like a glove. NEVER GONNA BUY A NEW BASS AGAIN.

Here we have a 1973 Jazz and Precision and a 1995 Stingray 5.[/quote]
That is a classic and highly versatile collection sir, all the important bits and nothing else. Most of us would probably end up at that collection after spending countless thousands and about 5-10 years. All you'd need is an SR5 fretless and you would have every bass for every situation. :)

Hi BB,

Yeah the P is very mojo man, sounds great and they are both for sale right now! On ebay too...

And that statement about never buying another bass, well Ive got a 1990 Ken Smith BT Custom 5 coming from USA... My ultimate bass.

Also having the musicman pickup rebuilt at Musicman cos its f**ked!

[quote name='Scoop' post='166602' date='Mar 30 2008, 09:25 PM']The three classic Leo designs. Nice collection...[/quote]

Did Leo design the SR5? The SR4 and SR5 are very different instruments in my experience, both very good basses, but the latter is certainly not simply the former with an added string :)

Nice basses by the way. Keep the Precision, it will always come back to that one bass :huh:

Chris