Why become a member? ×

Epifani

Chris Horton

I have not owned that many bass rigs compared to some hardcore members on BC but i just wanted to share the Epifani love.

I bought my first piece of Epi gear not long after i joined BC.
I love the power / weight / tone and punch from this stuff and just wanted to see if there is much gear being used by Bass Chat members at gigs.

I will post pictures of my current gear in the next few days but my current list goes like this ...............................

- Epifani UL 502 Amp
- Epifani UL 110 cab
- Epifani UL 210 cab
- Epifani UL 410 cab all cab's are series 1.

Here they are - [url="http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/cmsb_horton/Epifani/"]http://s1237.photobu...horton/Epifani/[/url]

Lets see what ya got :)

Edited by Chris Horton

Yep my old UL 310 has been everywhere with me for nearly five years now! I often play other cabs and for the weight, always end up thinking 'naah' !! These cabs are great sounding, clear and deep, and portable too. Very happy with mine.

Btw, if any of you guys need to shift one of your S1 410's at any point then I'd be really interested.

These rigs all look amazing! I'll stick up a pic of mine when I get a sec.

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' timestamp='1324739122' post='1477479']
got two epi 4x10 ul

run with thunderfunk head
used to have trace mega rig but love the epifanis!!!
they sound awesome

fancy a 1x15 epi cab 11
[/quote]

How does it sound running two UL 410 cab's??

The sound must be trouser flapping good :)

hiya fella ,
yep it does , one sounds nice but two just oh my , and the beuty is they are so light i aint busting my nuts lifting them ,
yeah two is a bit overkilll but i got a right loud drummer so having two means i can hear what im playing as well as feel it,
i had a guitarist tell me that my sound was awesome as he coulndt believe how tight my b string sounded OUTSIDe the pub in the smoking area!!!!
happy days,
i really took a chance on the whole rig as id used trace for over 17 yrs but im glad i use epifani now as......
i know my bass sounds good so i can play rather than thinking is that sounding any good!!!!!

I've been gigging with either two UL-112's or a UL-310 for about 4 years now. It's tempting to get a UL-410 but I've rarely found myself ever needing it. After re-reading a 1x12 shoot-out from Bass Player magazine a good few years ago, I tried gigging with just one UL-112 (they mentioned something about the difference in hearing your bass come from a single speaker rather than multiples) and I was duly impressed. Clarity and focus of the sound was something else. Me happy camper.

• 2 weeks later...