Why become a member? ×

Zon Sonus Fretted 4 For Sale. USA **SOLD**

phsycoandy

Dating I believe from the serial number to 1992 the first year of Sonus production.

Made in USA with graphite neck. High gloss natural finish.

Original Bartolini pickups and active EQ. Stacked Vol/Vol & stacked Bass/Treble Controls.

Frighteningly low and buzz free action, which of course can be adjusted to suit your style, this low action does make her lightening quick to play though.

There is a small ding in the neck where it meets the body under the strings, probably from over zealous slapping (which Zon's are famous for).
There is some varnish play wear below the controls on the front & a small scuff below the lower strap button on the rear edge, these aren't particularly noticeable.
At some stage I think she had a midi pick up fixed against the bridge as there is some glue residue. I guess this could be cleaned off. A couple of small scuffs on the head stock tip.

None of this detracts from what is a stunningly good looking bass, with a huge powerful output offering a full range of tones and super quick action.

This is 20 years old and made in the USA, don't be confused with the current Zon import models.

[b]£895 [s]plus £25 insured shipping[/s][/b]. [u][b]SOLD[/b][/u] [u]NOW SHIPS FREE [/u]UK MAINLAND ONLY. Will Ship to Europe mail me details and I will reply with an insured quote. Paypal gift,cash on collection or meet up, cheque (will need to clear) or bank transfer or blood of course! Comes in a new gig bag not the hard case used in the photos.

Edited by phsycoandy

Pics speak louder than words, but it has the original Bartolini 2 band EQ or TBT as it says on the can. Physically it looks like the Spector "Tone Pump" module

[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/phsycoandy/IMG_0743-1.jpg[/IMG]