Why become a member? ×

The Bass Barn

TheBassBarn

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi all,[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thought I would sign up and introduce The Bass Barn, see below & PS hi to The Dood :-)[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]My name is Anna (aka Hannah FOXX) and I play Shuker basses, although I have others in my collection. If you live nearby (Hinckley) or if you are in the area give me a call and pop into our Bass studio for a jam.[/font][/size]

As we develop there will be various offers and additional products, we are not too far from Bass Direct. Next year we will be doing some roadshows starting in Leicester around April time and we will also be at LBGS and Best British Guitar shows representing Taurus Amplification. We will be filming some videos in the new year and will post them on out YouTube site.

Some of you were at Bass Day UK in Manchester and we had fun jamming it up, well Reed did anyway.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taken from www.bassbarn.co.uk:[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Our aims are simple:[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]1. To introduce new brands into the UK Bass Guitar & Amplification market place[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2. To provided a comfortable demo/studio environment where our brands can be tried and tested[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3. To provide support for our brands[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4. To facilitate the sharing of knowledge within the Bass Guitar community[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5. To distribute our brands so they are available within the UK & Ireland territories[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We are the UK & Ireland Distributors for the full range of Taurus Amplification so you can try any of the Amp/Speaker combinations.[/font][/size][color=#000000][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica][size=2]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Although most of our stock is available to purchase online we we encourage you to book an appointment and come and visit us at our Demo Studio located near Hinckley, Leicestershire. Appointments can be booked online of if you prefer give us a call to arrange. When you book an appointment please indicate the products you are interested in trying out and we will make sure everything is setup for your visit.[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica][size=2]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please also specify your biscuit preference when booking your appointment.[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[size=3][b]We will make sure the kettle is on!!![/b][/size]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope you have much success! Glad you made it to the forum.

May I draw your attention to one of the Basschat Affiliates, Xylem, he's a bass builder in the USA and a few members were suggesting he gets a few of his stunning basses over to the UK. He makes extraordinary basses from extraordinary wood, with extraordinary skill. They are a little like Carl Thompson basses. I think he needs a little help to start getting some UK business now we have let him know there may be some demand.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/112080-xylem-basses-guitars-build-progress/"]http://basschat.co.u...build-progress/[/url]

I see you are a Francis Dunnery fan too :D

Best wishes,
Nigel

Edited by silddx

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1330603416' post='1560074']
Hi Anna - my brother lives near Hinckley (Frolesworth) so hopefully I can call in and say hello next time I'm in the area. Do you have any upright basses? I like plain chocolate biscuits with pieces of ginger in them.
[/quote]

Hi Sarah - You will have to remind me of your biscuit selection prior to your visit. I do have an NS 5 String Electric Upright Bass but its my own, we only distribute Mayones & LowEnd but also have 7 Shuker Basses as demo.

It would be good to see you sometime - Hxx

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1330615081' post='1560428']
I hope you have much success! Glad you made it to the forum.

May I draw your attention to one of the Basschat Affiliates, Xylem, he's a bass builder in the USA and a few members were suggesting he gets a few of his stunning basses over to the UK. He makes extraordinary basses from extraordinary wood, with extraordinary skill. They are a little like Carl Thompson basses. I think he needs a little help to start getting some UK business now we have let him know there may be some demand.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/112080-xylem-basses-guitars-build-progress/"]http://basschat.co.u...build-progress/[/url]

I see you are a Francis Dunnery fan too :D

Best wishes,
Nigel
[/quote]

Hi Nigel - Thanks for this I will check it out Xylem. I'm a fan of all bassists but I did see It Bites live back in the late 80's or early 90's, it was great to see real musicians enjoying themselves - Hxx

Thanks for all your kind words and we will hope to be around for a good few years.

Everyone welcome for a jam and chat about all things Bass related.

Have a gr8 week one and all - Hxx

PS We are on Twitter & Facebook as "TheBassBarn" and I post updates via these accounts.