[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1323672017' post='1465555']
Please could you pm me with a cash price for this bass

Cheers
[/quote]

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1323679992' post='1465596']
Done and done. :)
[/quote]

:)
This is sooooo against forum rules. Prices must be made public or risk losing the listing.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1323689612' post='1465735']
:)
This is sooooo against forum rules. Prices must be made public or risk losing the listing.
[/quote]

I made an innocent inquiry to if the owner of the bass would sell it as I dont have anything to trade, can I now not accept the deal the owner stated?

At some point a cash price would have to be put on this bass, even by PM as if a trade where offered, both parties would have to agree on any adjustment either way?

Sorry, I do not want to do anything against site rules, but again, it simply was an innocent inquiry about purchasing it.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1323715757' post='1466206']

I made an innocent inquiry to if the owner of the bass would sell it as I dont have anything to trade, can I now not accept the deal the owner stated?

At some point a cash price would have to be put on this bass, even by PM as if a trade where offered, both parties would have to agree on any adjustment either way?

Sorry, I do not want to do anything against site rules, but again, it simply was an innocent inquiry about purchasing it.
[/quote]

Of course you can accept the deal. The only issue was (I think) that it seemed a little underhand to be discussing prices by PM when there wasn't a price listed publicly.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1323715757' post='1466206']

[/quote]

As Mel said above for reasons of universal fairness the forum rules are that a price must be posted in all FS threads - there have been cases in the past where members were invited to "bid" for a bass on here which is both unethical and unfair to the person who gets in first (which is the way it's done (supposedly) around here.

But as the OP has stated that he is open for trades only....

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1323699130' post='1465941']
Oops! Sorry guys! For trade only!
[/quote]

.... I can't see how there is a deal to be accepted or not...... Ooh unless someone's telling porkies. :)

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1323770834' post='1466667']
Ah sod it! - pulled.
[/quote]
Holy cow man. :)

I'm sorry if bringing up the site rules has made you have this ott reaction.
You're better off keeping it anyway. Mine is a year yonger (same spec though) and I love it. :)

I was genuinely interested in this bass and could not have cared if the price was printed in size 48 font 100 times or not, there wasn't one so I asked for it, what else could I have done

MB1. :)
Private Message (P.M) Perhaps?

Just to set the record straight here, Lojo asked me wether I would accept a cash transaction for the bass. I PM'ed him with an estimated value of what I thought it was worth, but also told him that I was only really looking at trades. So there was no underhanded shenanigans going on at all with me and lojo.

Edited by Hobbayne

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1323787533' post='1467020']
I was genuinely interested in this bass and could not have cared if the price was printed in size 48 font 100 times or not, there wasn't one so I asked for it, what else could I have done

MB1. :)
Private Message (P.M) Perhaps?
[/quote]

Your reading to much into it, I just asked for a price, I hadn't given any thought to underhand tactics like some of you guys seem to think.

I feel very pissed off that a simple question has been interpreted in this way

Well, I alluded to this above but I'll spell it out - why didn't you just PM the owner asking the question directly instead of reporting in the thread the fact that you were asking the owner for a price that no-one else would be privy to? Can you see how it looks from outside your position? I'm not suggesting that you were being underhand as I have no proof. It just seems like you set yourself (and the owner) up for a fall there within the parameters of the rules, regardless of intent.

Just sayin' :)

The reverse is true , if I where doing it underhand I'd have pm'd in secret without posting

You also state that I was asking for a price that no one would be privy to?

No I just simply asked for a price, and surely anyway else interested could ask as the information was no available in the thread

You must be very bored today to make issue with this

Edited by lojo

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1323796652' post='1467220']
The reverse is true , if I where doing it underhand I'd have pm'd in secret without posting

You also state that I was asking for a price that no one would be privy to?

No I just simply asked for a price, and surely anyway else interested could ask as the information was no available in the thread

You must be very bored today to make issue with this
[/quote]

Calm down mate. I actually think Neepheid is trying to help here. Not that it could have gone any other way, as the OP has stated it was trades only deal and you yourself have stated that you don't have anything to trade with.

To be fair you did ask for a price to be PM'd to you which in essence does make it info that no one else is privy to.

Yes anyone else could request a price too but who's to say (hypothetically) that they all get PMd the same price - the whole point of making the price public is that every one is treated fairly.

Let's move on. All that's happened is that 2 guy weren't fully aware of [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=19"]the rules[/url]. No one died.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1323791262' post='1467098']
Your reading to much into it, I just asked for a price, I hadn't given any thought to underhand tactics like some of you guys seem to think.

I feel very pissed off that a simple question has been interpreted in this way
[/quote]

Agree completely! Sorry some folk have read this the wrong way.

His has gone wait out of line. I asked the seller to state a price as the sellers reply to PM'ing a price did not make it clear the bass would not be considered for a cash price. lojo or anyone else did nothin underhand, they asked a question. The answer was, as stated by the seller, that the bass was trade only.

Nothing underhand - in fact nothing at all.

Guys - Please don't fight or raise issue with each other over nothing. I you disagree with content on the forum, use the report button on the post in question and a mod will sort it, no need to go into silly detail like this.