Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan Attitude X, Tenth Anniversary, sold thank you.

karlfer

The Purple one, based on the Attitude Ltd 11, but with Phenolic fretboard, colour matched neck and headstock. Images of Billy's fingerprints as markers on the fretboard.
Di Mazio Willpowers etc, Anybody reading this knows what the specs are on these powerful basses. Very high quality basses.
This is No 142 of 300 made.
I took this in exchange for an Attitude LTD 1, hoping the nut might be slightly narrower on this one, but it's still 44.5mm, too wide for me to play at any speed, so it's up for sale or trade.
Truly superb condition with only 2 very tiny dinks on the headstock. Sorry about photo's, only got a mobile. Original hardcase included, but that IS battered!
One on the Bay now at staring price £1200, one sold couple of months back for £1100.
So, this is a Special of a Special, £850 collected please, plus happy for buyer to sort own courier. Please have a look at my feedback.
No hurry, adore the versatility of sound, and the power, but just a touch wide on the nut.
Any questions fire away.
Cheers,
Karl.

The link after the photos should opern in Adobe, and give you a nice representation of the purple-ness of the bass.

Edited by karlfer

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1324223283' post='1471982']
Yup, Yamaha say 150 Purple, 150 Black, both sparkly metallic colours.
Reduced to £850 this week only, after that it will be withdrawn (on the Bay until Thurs night at start £900)
Karl
[/quote]

This was definitely the limited edition! My recollection is Billy got no. 1. Extremely rare and difficult to get a hold of these days and in my view a real collectors piece. If only I had the cash ... ... ... ...

good luck

andy

Hey Karl,

Before you completely rule out the Steve Harris bass ... the nut width becomes irrelevant due to the shallow neck - back to front. It is based on a 57 precision so if you get a chance try a Mexican classic 50's pbass, it'll give you an idea if you can play it or not because it is nowhere near the 'baseball bat' proportions of the attitude neck. The 57 is real slim, fast and easy to play.

andy

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1324574982' post='1475857']
Well, thing is Mr Syndrome, of the deals I have been offered, none have been quite right sadly.
Jan from the Netherlands is still very tempting with his Steve Harris though.
Nobody has said "I'll send you a £50 deposit will you hold it until January?" etc.
When it finishes tonight on Evil Bay, it won't be re-listed and it will be withdrawn from here (usual loads of watchers, no bids).
It will still be for sale if somebody emails me in a few weeks though.
Have a great Christmas and New year and thanks for the offers, interest and bumps.
All the best,
Karl.
[/quote]
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :)

Merry christmas indeed.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1324970478' post='1478765']
I was asked for a sound clip. Attached below.
About 2 minutes in is how these CAN be played

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j8Jl4LAQjA[/media]
[/quote]

Making great progress then Karl! Any chance of making tabs for it, you'd be a hero ;) (Kidding! Though i've forgotten most of it, so we'll be doing the same thing haha! )

BUMP for an amazing bass, and a great guy

[quote name='matej4444' timestamp='1325277688' post='1481764']
does this fingerboard change the sound from original maple
[/quote]

Not by a huge amount, the pickups are really what defines the atttitude combined with the hunk of maple neck which is there!

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1325324060' post='1482062']
I want this bass!
[/quote]

So do I! haha!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1325793285' post='1487922']
Yup, I'm getting close to giving up on it as well :lol: .
Must admit, it will be back on the road this Saturday night at the 1st of our 36 (thus far) gigs of this year.
Karl.
[/quote]

And there was me all set to turn up at the Station on Friday night!!! :rolleyes: Oh well, no doubt catch you later in the year, in the meantime good luck with the sale Karl!

Edited by tony_m