Why become a member? ×

Lost Modulus Graphite SPI-5 Sentimental Value - Need to Find

tds2277

Hello Everyone This was my Baby and she, was NOT Stolen, I simply lost it due to my Stupidity? Which I still regret Daily

I am merely looking for the Present owner of this Bass, just to stay in contact with him or her, Because if or when he or she decides to get rid of it, I would like to be the one that gets her back, There is a Ton of sentimental value to this bass.
As Far as I understand someone from Europe had purchased it, so where it is now, I do not know.

You might be thinking to yourself, Why didn’t this guy look for it before? Awnser: I have been looking for it since I lost it a few years ago, I’ve looked on every web page I could find

I custom ordered this bass from Mike Hawkins at First Bass in Denver on Jan 28th-1995, Mike actually went to [b][color=#ff0000]Modulus[/color][/b] in San Fransisco and Hand Picked out the Wood, I know this, because he called me from [b][color=#ff0000]Modulus[/color][/b] and asked me if it would be ok that he pick out the top, as he was having a 10 String Made of the Exact Top.

I will try to post some pics of it, here are the specs

Serial # 951774
[b][color=#ff0000]Modulus[/color][/b] Graphite SPI-5 [b][color=#ff0000]Extra[/color][/b] Wide- In 1995 /1996, there was no such thing as a [b][color=#ff0000]Extra[/color][/b] [b][color=#ff0000]Wide[/color][/b] 5, so it has a 6 String neck with only 5 Strings on it, as I understand this to be true?
Spalted Sugar Maple Top Alder Back
Gold Hardware DC Humbuckers 18Volt
I did have the Bridge Modified to accept the ABM Individual bridge/saddles, this was Done by Lee at
The Bass Place on 05-08-2000

If anyone has seen it or knows where it is, Please contact me, I would love to know where she is.

There is a huge History of this Bass, From getting it Stolen, and I got it back, to Pawning it so My wife could have an Emergency Life Saving Operation...this Bass has Stories to Tell

If anyone knows where she is, please let me know, I simply would like to stay in contact with her new owner, just in case that person decides to EVER sell her, I would like to be the first consideration...I mean this with all Sincereity...Please help me locate this Amazing Bass, It just has so much Sentimental Value to me, My name is Terry Scott if you feel you would like to email me, please feel free to do so [email="[email protected]"][color=#22229c][email protected][/color][/email] Thankyou So Much for helping me in this Personal Quest. Sincerely Terry

Please Click pic to Enlarge, I will try to get some better pics up very very soon.

Edited by tds2277

Hope you get it back. With those details and because it was legally sold, [i]if[/i] its still out there you stand a reasonable chance, (say one in five) which is better than most. But how long it will actually take is anyones guess. I presume you have done the obvious things such as going to all the Modulas Forums you can find.

First of course you need a bigger picture. When exactly did you pawn it ?

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1321891334' post='1444099']
Hope you get it back. With those details and because it was legally sold, [i]if[/i] its still out there you stand a reasonable chance, (say one in five) which is better than most. But how long it will actually take is anyones guess. I presume you have done the obvious things such as going to all the Modulas Forums you can find.

First of course you need a bigger picture. When exactly did you pawn it ?
[/quote] Thankyou for noticing my post, and I sincerely appreciate your time..I have joined TalkBass, and Basschat.uk, and Ive looked for every Modulus Forum I can find, If you click on the picture it should Enlarge, and unfortunately I have some other pics, but its even harder to see it....This was Pawned in 2007 The only thing I know is its supposed to be somewhere in Europe, that is all the Pawn shop would tell me,,,This was Pawned in Mesa Arizona

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1321891555' post='1444103']
I fully sympathize but have one question that I just have to ask... How exactly did you lose it? And where(ish) would probably help track it down too :)
[/quote] This was Pawned in 2007 It was either make the house payment or loose the house, I still regret it, and I was under the impression I would make the payments on it, but I was a few days late and lost it to my lapse of time...The only thing I know is its supposed to be somewhere in Europe, that is all the Pawn shop would tell me,,,any and all Help is much appreciated. thankyou for looking at my post...Sincerely Terry

[quote name='lapolpora' timestamp='1322097564' post='1446588']
Thought it was mine for a minute - but mine is 952***. It has the same spalted maple top but with a normal width neck and black hardware. Good luck with your search.
[/quote] Well I do want to thankyou for taking a look at the Post, So did you loose yours too? and thank you for wishing me good luck, I sincerely appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it's still in EU I'd try bass sites with appropriate ending.

Itally for example .it
Spain .es (iirc)

Although I'm surprised a pawn shop sold it over seas, and won't give you any info. Especially if it was sold with in days of you not paying, even back in 2007 not many people brought stuff that expensive secondhand and overseas. The shop should have been more helpful just out of morality.

Hope you find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I will try as you suggested, When you Pawn something over here in the USA, they dont have to tell you anything Period...Just an Example, we came back from our Gig late on Friday night, Put everything in the Jam Room and left ( Someone forgot to lock the door ? ) we closed the door but forgot to lock it, Needless to say My Modulus was Stolen as were a few Drum Mikes and some Cables, I desperatly called every Pawn shop within a 5 Mile Radius and they all told me to go [email="F#%$@#%"]F#%$@#%[/email] Myself I explained very nicely on the phone what the Modulus Bass looked like to every detail, and the serial Number, no one would give me any information....I kept calling back hoping to speak to a different person, and I got a hold of a Lady, and after I gave her the description of the Bass, she told me it was in my best interest to come and look at this Bass, but would tell me nothing else...Morality you say, there is no more of that, as human beings we are not, We are all Slaves whom are driven by slaves, who inturn are slaves themselves and dont know it..in a Slave Driven society..I just had to say that, as its Sad but True. Thankyou, for your thoughts, If you or anyone else sees this Bass, I would appreciate it letting me know, I just want to know where she is, this, True Story I just told you, is one of Many other Amazing True Stories behind this Bass, and that is why it holds so much sentimental value to me.....This Bass was also in a Fire, and the Headstock Logo shows signs of yellowing from the fire..This is another identification for this Bass.......Sincerely This Bass has went through so much....I would just like the opportunity to buy it back...Plaine and Simple...Again thankyou so much for your thoughts and input, I really appreciate it....If you know of any sites to recomment me to...please do so, Ive regestered to just about all USA Sites....Terry

Thats a sad story about no pawn shop helping you. Here in the UK they will at the very least let you buy it back from them at the price they paid for it (at least thats what happened when a mates bass was stolen and he saw it in a shop a week later) As very few shops want to get on the police's wrong side. Nowerdays its all done in front of a camera for extra security (at least thats how its done in every secondhand and pawn shop i have ever been in over the last 4 or 5 years.)

Again I wish you good luck in your search.

ps: If i win the lottery I will pay for some 'Wise Guys' to go and [i]politely[/i] ask the pawn shop for the information that you need. :)

Edited by daz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up, I got a hold of the Pawnshop owner, and he has agreed to let me speak to the person in charge of all of his Internet transactions, on Wed, Feb 29th so hopefully I can get the EBAY sellers ID and the Item number, then I can call Ebay and they will tell me where it went, and be able to track down this Bass....Ebay told me when I called them, If I have the Item number, then it can be tracked in thier system, no matter when it was sold...So keep your fingers crossed for me ok? Ill keep you updated?
Terry

• 1 month later...

Update, SPI-5 Modulus or called a QW5.... We have contacted the Person that used to sell everything for the pawn shp, But they cannot remember thier Ebay Id...Appearantly this was back in 10-28-2004 is when it was sold, I know I know my dates were all mixed up so I apolige for that....I pawned it on 4-30-2004 and they sold it on 10-28-2004...which honestly according to my records, they sold it 2 days before I was to come in and make a payment on the Bass, as you have to make a payment every 30 days before the date in which it was pawned, in my case it would have been 10-30-2004 but they sold it on 10-28-2004 2 days early ???? Well Im still looking for it...If anyone has any information on this Bass, please do contact me [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] I work from home and will get the email immediately the Serial number to Modulus Graphite SPI-5 Bass is 951774....It may also be referenced to a QW5 because of the wide string spacing. I sincerely appreciate anyones assistance in helping me find this Bass.....If the owner reads this, and your not ready to sell it, I completely respect and understand that..All I ask is that you please contact me, Id love to hear about where she has been what she has went through ECT..I miss this Bass Dearly, yes I think about Playing her Everyday....Sincerely Terry