Why become a member? ×

Tecamp help needed-uk parts/repairs URGENT

biskitbass

Guys
I'm really hoping someone can point me to a uk dealer/repairer here. My Tecamp Puma 350 head has been inspected by my local repair shop and a faulty output module has been diagnosed. The symptoms include low power output via the cabs/low volume and distortion. It is a non-serviceable (circuit board) part and comes as a module apparently, enclosed, and only available via Tecamp.
I don't fancy sending the head off to Germany ( other forums have suggested poor communication from the company) so require a uk company who has parts and is authorised to carry out this repair.

Anyone out there can help?
Thanks guys
Graeme - Scotland

I would email Tecamp for advice, in my experience they offered excellent after sales service and fast response to email enquiries.
I had to send a head to them - cost me £15 for courier, they sorted problem and returned it to me without further charge.

If the repair is going to require parts to be sent from Tecamp Germany may as well let them do the repair. Of course they may recomment a repaier shop here to do it.

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='biskitbass' timestamp='1320794910' post='1431667']
Thanks Platypus.
[/quote]
Should have mentioned that I bought this off a fellow basschat user last year and so don't know what kind of warranty it was under.
Basschat have changed the forum lately and can't seem to find prev messages sent to the fellow basschatter to contact him :-(

+1 for what Platypus said.

Tecamp will know whether it's under warranty or not from the serial number.

I sent my out-of-warranty Puma 110 back for a replacement driver and the charges weren't extortionate, although with hindsight I wish I'd done it myself. I emailed [email protected] and got a very swift reply back from Juergen. I have contact details if you need them, PM me.

Juergen was very quick to respond to a question that I had about my Tecamp Puma 350 and L115 cab. They have an excellent after-sale service so I wouldn't hesitate to contact him. You will find him responsive and courteous. I have also heard that their charges for repairs are reasonable.
Here is his email address: [email protected]
I hope this is helpful?

Quick update. Firstly thanks everyone for chiming in,great to have a bass-oriented community to be able to fire questions into like this.
I messaged Tecamp and got a reply very qck from Thomas there, asking for pics of the inside of the amp so he could help, fed his advice to the repair shop in Glasgow (Flynn Amps, highly recommended,great guys and KNOW what they are doing) and hey presto,turned out to be a 3.15amp fuse that had blown in the output stage. Can't ascertain why it blew in the first place, the repair shop tested my speak on cables-nope, just need to watch and hope it doesn't happen again. Now I'm on the lookout for a cheap spare amp head just in case :-). Thanks guys!

[quote name='biskitbass' timestamp='1321478586' post='1439775']
Quick update. Firstly thanks everyone for chiming in,great to have a bass-oriented community to be able to fire questions into like this.
I messaged Tecamp and got a reply very qck from Thomas there, asking for pics of the inside of the amp so he could help, fed his advice to the repair shop in Glasgow (Flynn Amps, highly recommended,great guys and KNOW what they are doing) and hey presto,turned out to be a 3.15amp fuse that had blown in the output stage. Can't ascertain why it blew in the first place, the repair shop tested my speak on cables-nope, just need to watch and hope it doesn't happen again. Now I'm on the lookout for a cheap spare amp head just in case :-). Thanks guys!
[/quote]

I'm surprised your local repair shop didn't find the blown fuse on output stage. Seems an obvious check.
I work in electronics and would probably have been the first thing i would check before investigating further.
I'm a bit puzzled by that one but guess i don't know the full story.

Good to see a result though
All best
Dave