Why become a member? ×

SOLD Columbus Jazz Bass 70s-80s Japanese Sunburst

simwells

This is a 70s-80s Japanese made Columbus copy of a Jazz.

Overall condition is reasonable particularly considering the age of the instrument, pictures should show much better than my description though!

The body itself is solid with some wear as can be seen in the photos overall condition is very good. The neck is one of my favourite parts of the bass due to the binding and blocks, headstock does have a crack as shown only visible from the front so I presume it's just the surface lacquer and doesn't appear to affect the bass in any way. Electronics work well after a bit of a clean up and lifting the pick ups, as shown the scratchplate is missing but I prefer it this way a la jaco! Also to note is a couple of the intonation springs are missing off the bridge, I've never missed them though, genuine fender replacements only cost a couple quid for a set to replace the, anyway.

£125 Collected in Sheffield.

REDUCED £100 Collected, £110 shipped within UK

SOLD

Have got a feedback thread on here as well as 100% (350ish) on eBay through user smilingllama.

Edited by simwells

Possible trades I'd be interested in... (plus cash either way depending upon item)

Hiscox hard case for Fender cases, think it's the EBS or something.
Boss OC2
SFX Thumpinator
EHX Freeze or the Boss Digital Delay with hold feature
Markbass Super Synth

Sorry somehow missed the reply, the frets is in reasonable nick but do show some wear I'll take some photos later to show better as it's easier than attempting to put it into words. Truss rod does indeed work yes and the output of the pups is very good, they needed lifting but now sound great. If you mean the actual sound characteristics I'll have to have another play with it through an amp to remind myself!

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies about the really slow reply life got a bit on top of me last week.

Here's a few photos of the worst of the fret wear, first shows 1-3 and second is just the first fret.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/simwells/IMG_0202.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/simwells/IMG_0201.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1322333403' post='1449606']
I will have an ask round a few music shops about a cardboard bass box on monday to give me something to ship it in then.
[/quote]

Let me know then,

Cheers

Nice looking thing. I used to have a Cimar 1904ash bass that I bought for no a lot and did up. It was similar to this but ash body and maple neck- but boy was it amazing to play- I really regret selling that to a friend- and try as I might I can't convince him to sell it back to me. If I could have any bass back for free I used to have it would be that- and that's over the Valenti or FSR Fender USA '75ri!
someones going to get a pretty good bass for pocket money I think!

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1323461712' post='1463748']
Thanks for that and they will be getting a great bass for the price with this one, love the neck on it. Would be keeping it if I didn't have my Fender Jazz V or have my eye on anything else.
[/quote]
well good luck!

not buying but got to say its a lot of bass for the money this. its also amazing how worn frets dont actually cause a problem and some basses i have had with much worse frets than this actually didnt affect the playability as you would expect. nice set of tuners on this and it would be a cracking bass.

That's my first bass, right there. I stripped mine badly and then painted the front with car paint (badly). I can still smell the laquer as I sanded it off. I learnt a lot during that project. About my total lack of lutherie skills. Sorry to veer off topic but it took me back 30 years.