Why become a member? ×

GENZ STM600 and STM900

whynot

The 600 is grey and the 900 is silver.
I went for the 900 because it's not much more money for the extra power. If you get the 600 there may be times when you wonder if you should have gone for the 900 !
The Streamliner is a fantastic amp though and I'm sure you will be more than happy with whichever one you choose.

I've got the 900. At bass direct the £80 difference for 300 watts seems pretty good value. Never tried the 600, but looks like there's no difference in features, so it all comes down to headroom. The only problem I've had so far is a scratchy main volume knob, but that really doesn't bother me. With the gain, make up volume and main volume controls it is still very easy to access low volumes for practice though. It does sound amazing, and it is so simple that it really is almost impossible to make it sound bad!
Andy

I went for the 600 and have started with a classic rock 5 piece and this is by far loud enough. Running at 8 ohm with an Ampeg 8x10 and its still only at 50% on the master volume although it depends on where the gain set is.
Great sounding warm tube amp.
Dave

This week I got to try out my new 600 with the band.
@ 4 ohm through my GB Neox212t I didn't have to set the master past 10 0clock with the gain and volume sat at 12 to get a fat, warm and articualte sound. Lots of power left in the tank should I need it.
I had been using and was happy with the Shuttle 6, but now find the extended rounder low end I'm getting with the 600 nice as well as being able to dial down the gain and get a pretty clean uncolured sound if needed as well at least to my ears.
Nice amp! 600 or 900 good choice np.

Thanks Guys.
I was on the lookout for either model and since OP may have landed a used 600, so hopefully will have that next week.
Currently have a Barefaced Super 12T so will be interesting to hear the two together.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1318518392' post='1403236']
Sounds crisp, warm, and punchy. LOTS of low end thud.
[/quote]
Just the description of what I'm looking for.