Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics RH450 or Markbass LMII or .....?

chaypup

I'm after a new bass head to go with the RS212 I bought a few weeks back.

I've been offered an RH450 for £550 and I've played through these and love the sound and the features it has.

However, I played through a little Mark II the other day and the tone was great!

I already have a tuner and a really good compressor in my Boss ME-50b but I guess if I got the RH450 I could sell that and get individual effects.

Also, the Little Mark II's are available for around £300 at the moment....

hmmmmmm...what should I get?

I'd see if you can get a decent try of either (even if it's for a rehearsal) & see what you prefer.
Other option is to buy one & if you don't like it, sell it on here & get the other (the LMII might be the best route to choose first if you do, as you can easily sell for what you'd pay).
I like the LMII a lot, but I've never used or tried any TCE stuff.

These are two very different animals so it depends hugely on your own preference

However IME the tc AMP is to be preferred if you play in bands a lot. IME it will Cut better through the mix

For playing alone i would however take the MB head as it is clearer and more natural in its baked in voicing

I'll be able to give you an opinion on this next week... I own an LMII and its been my main gigging amp for about 2 years... great head, tons of poke etc... however i got bitten by the TC bug and I have just aquired an RS210 and RS112 (thanks Smash)... I also bought an RH450 head last week on TB, got a great deal... so I'll be trying the TC cabs with both heads on a couple of gigs... I'll let you know how I get on.. :)

Edited by Tradfusion

[quote name='Tradfusion' timestamp='1318105696' post='1398228']
I'll be able to give you an opinion on this next week... I own an LMII and its been my main gigging amp for about 2 years... great head, tons of poke etc... however i got bitten by the TC bug and I have just aquired an RS210 and RS112 (thanks Smash)... I also bought an RH450 head last week on TB, got a great deal... so I'll be trying the TC cabs with both heads on a couple of gigs... I'll let you know how I get on.. :)
[/quote]

Did you get the head from America? What charges did you have to pay?

and thanks!